Nevada @ #16 Oregon (Sept. 7, Sat 4:30 PM Pac-12 Net)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: Nevada @ #16 Oregon (Sept. 7, Sat 4:30 PM Pac-12 Net)

Post by greenyellow »

wepto
Four Star Recruit

Post by wepto »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Johnson, Funa, and Thibodeaux look dang good! Oregon just needs to get a dominant Nose Tackle to replace Scott and in two years Oregon is gonna have an incredible front seven!
Jordon Scott has a 3 year plan to graduate and move on to the NFL. He's set to graduate this year.

https://www.ducksports.com/sports/20190 ... regon-plan
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

So glad the Ducks bested my expectations for this game by a mile!
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Gotta love the come from behind wins.
Last edited by Merganzer on Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

The best thing I got out of this game was it finally showed Cristobal is willing to step on an opponents and keep his foot on the gas even when he clears the bench. What I hope is it built much needed confidence between Herbert and all his receivers. Another big position I found out is we have some TE's! Montana has got to be saying well shyt.......
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

wepto wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Johnson, Funa, and Thibodeaux look dang good! Oregon just needs to get a dominant Nose Tackle to replace Scott and in two years Oregon is gonna have an incredible front seven!
Jordon Scott has a 3 year plan to graduate and move on to the NFL. He's set to graduate this year.

Yep, gotta replace him.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Alan wrote:The best thing I got out of this game was it finally showed Cristobal is willing to step on an opponents and keep his foot on the gas even when he clears the bench. What I hope is it built much needed confidence between Herbert and all his receivers. Another big position I found out is we have some TE's! Montana has got to be saying well shyt.......
BUT, we will get a big paycheck and we get to play in AUTZEN

Sorry, couldn't resist... :twisted:
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Speaking of replacing Scott, did anybody get a good look at how Ware-Hudson looked? Saw he got in on a TFL but that was it.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

wepto wrote:

I love Jordon, but if he leaves this year it will be almost as big a mistake as Mitchell last year. He will be a very late round pick, or not even picked at all.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Ware Hudson has put on some weight. I think he will be a solid player. Not easy to replace jordon when the time comes though.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

buckmarkduck wrote:
wepto wrote:

I love Jordon, but if he leaves this year it will be almost as big a mistake as Mitchell last year. He will be a very late round pick, or not even picked at all.
Yes, but it's not like his stock is going to improve much. He is what he is.

Popo has looked pretty solid this year but we could use more depth there.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

I love it when after a game the biggest topic of conversation is how we’re gonna replace a NT next year or if we’ll even have to.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Agree that Jordon isn't a high pick after this year, but he's not raising his stock by sticking around and sounds like he's on track to graduate.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

StevensTechU wrote:Agree that Jordon isn't a high pick after this year, but he's not raising his stock by sticking around and sounds like he's on track to graduate.

A free Masters is worse sticking around for imho. How many 5'11 330lb DL with short arms do you see in the NFL? Not many, if any at all. Seattle has Puna, but he also has like 34" arms.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I am happy that Oregon far exceeded my expectations of this game. I am keeping my reaction to the lopsided win on a level platform though. Nevada was clearly outmatched in every aspect of the game. Knowing this, can not get to overly excited about the win. What happens when Oregon goes and plays Stanford, or Washington, on the road. Few years back UCLA had the same issue that Oregon is having. They go on the road and they change into a team that can not score away from the Rose Bowl. Oregon is looking a lot like that team offensively at least. Winning on the road is a challenge. The thing is, is that if want to win a conference championship have to find ways to win on the road. This is true regardless of what conference you play in.