Nevada @ #16 Oregon (Sept. 7, Sat 4:30 PM Pac-12 Net)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: Nevada @ #16 Oregon (Sept. 7, Sat 4:30 PM Pac-12 Net)

Post by buckmarkduck »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:I am happy that Oregon far exceeded my expectations of this game. I am keeping my reaction to the lopsided win on a level platform though. Nevada was clearly outmatched in every aspect of the game. Knowing this, can not get to overly excited about the win. What happens when Oregon goes and plays Stanford, or Washington, on the road. Few years back UCLA had the same issue that Oregon is having. They go on the road and they change into a team that can not score away from the Rose Bowl. Oregon is looking a lot like that team offensively at least. Winning on the road is a challenge. The thing is, is that if want to win a conference championship have to find ways to win on the road. This is true regardless of what conference you play in.
We.played 1 game on the road, against a front 7 that will have 5 guys drafted. We won't face another D like that this year.
Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

Can I hope we do play a team that good again at the end of the season?? I think our growth could be more than theirs.
duck541
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck541 »

Anyone know where I can find a condensed tape of the game? Or even the full version?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

duck541 wrote:Anyone know where I can find a condensed tape of the game? Or even the full version?

I've been checking youtube but nothing yet.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Supposedly BH28 posted highlights but Pac-12 took them down.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Pac-12 leaves up highlights from other networks but not their own from what I can tell. Which sucks cause their highlight video was like two minutes long
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2019/0 ... phere.html

Nevada isn’t going to harp on its 77-6 loss at Oregon, but it intends to remember it.
The Ducks handed the Wolf Pack their worst loss since 1920 and sophomore defensive tackle Dom Peterson, who had four tackles and Nevada’s only sack of the game, felt his team quit in the second half of the onslaught.
“They (Oregon) had to prove – I guess they lost to Auburn – I guess they had to prove to people that they’re still a championship-contending team," Peterson said. “I’m just mad that it was us. I feel like we could’ve done way better. I personally think we gave up at half, which is something I’ve never seen from our team, ever, from last year to now. I was more disappointed than anything in the fact that we gave up because I know we could do better.”
Peterson took exception to Oregon’s celebrating throughout the fourth quarter, when the Ducks ran the ball 13 times to just five passes and added two more scores.
“What happened (Saturday), it was crazy,” Peterson said. “I don’t like that feeling, that’s why it’s hard for me to explain, I don’t like that feeling of losing. I don’t like being on that side of the stick. Definitely defending Mackay (Stadium this week), we’re not letting that happen again. Guys need to get a little bit more fire in them now because it happened, it’s over with now but still keep it in the back of your head – don’t just forget about it. Yeah, we’re forgetting about it but it needs to stay there. You need to remember how they was doing us in the fourth quarter, how they was dancing us and acting like clowns out there. It’s something I’ll never forget and now I don’t want nobody to ever do us like that, especially not at Mackay.”

Meanwhile, Nevada coach Jay Norvell was complimentary of Oregon, saying the Ducks secondary will be the best the Wolf Pack face and the size, speed and depth of UO’s roster was impressive.

Though Norvell said he didn’t like his team having its “nose rubbed in it” by way of an outcome, he didn’t feel Oregon ran the score up by continuing to be aggressive when its backups were in the game.
Norvell, who played defensive back at Iowa from 1982-85, felt some of his team’s younger players were wide-eyed playing in front of the 50,920 at Autzen Stadium, though he didn’t personally find it that intimidating... I played at the Rose Bowl, over 100,000 people, Autzen stadium seats 50,000? It’s not the most intimidating atmosphere in football, but if you’ve never done it before you make it a little bit bigger than it is.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

LOL @ The Rose Bowl being more intimidating than Autzen, souuuur grapes.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

GrantDuck wrote:LOL @ The Rose Bowl being more intimidating than Autzen, souuuur grapes.
He's pretty whiny sounding in that entire interview. Just admit the loss and move on.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Looks like he played at the Rose Bowl in 1982
1982: Washington 28, Iowa 0

So, I'm guessing that personally getting shut out in the biggest game of the season probably left more of a bad taste in his mouth than watching his kids lose by 70. That's probably why he thought the Rose Bowl was more intimidating. I seriously doubt they had 100,000 people at that game though.
OregonFan4life -
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

duck541 wrote:Anyone know where I can find a condensed tape of the game? Or even the full version?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNVSiI10-VA
sportschat503
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

rockthief wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNVSiI10-VA
sportschat503
That's a rough angle.
OregonFan4life -
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

karlhungis wrote:Looks like he played at the Rose Bowl in 1982

So, I'm guessing that personally getting shut out in the biggest game of the season probably left more of a bad taste in his mouth than watching his kids lose by 70. That's probably why he thought the Rose Bowl was more intimidating. I seriously doubt they had 100,000 people at that game though.
105,611 per Wikipedia
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1982_Rose_Bowl
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:
karlhungis wrote:Looks like he played at the Rose Bowl in 1982

105,611 per Wikipedia
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1982_Rose_Bowl

I stand corrected.
OregonFan4life -