DJ Johnson

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

DJ Johnson

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Why did he not play? Someone mentioned a suspension but then I found this MC quote that seems to indicate that he wasn't suspended:

Sophomore defender DJ Johnson did not play in Dallas either, but according to Cristobal that was not due to injury. Johnson, a highly-rated recruit and transfer from Miami, was expected to make his regular season debut after sitting out all of last season due to transfer rules. He did appear in the Redbox Bowl.

“There was none," Cristobal said when asked about the reason behind Johnson's absence. "We need to play him now. He had a really good weeks leading up to the game. We need to get him on the field. He’s a good football player and he’s done the right things. He’ll see more playing time."
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: DJ Johnson

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Good question, cuz he looked great against Nevada.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
JIDuck97
Four Star Recruit

Post by JIDuck97 »

While I know nothing on this beyond a few things i have seen I've kind of gathered that Cristobal refuses to reward any lack of effort. If I was a betting man that's the one that I would place.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

From what insiders say is that he’s not always working the hardest at practice. My guess he was disciplined for that for game 1 and MC wanted to keep it internal
rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by rsbgduck »

I get the impression that unless something happens publicly (DUI, Assault, disorderly conduct) MC will keep all discipline as an internal mater and will be handled behind closed doors.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Suppose Mario says he was suspended for lazy practicing. That's going to stick with him all the way until he's draft eligible. Pretty dick move from a coach if he does that. The "lazy" tag doesn't go away.

Prefer Mario handling it internally for sure.
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

GrantDuck wrote:Suppose Mario says he was suspended for lazy practicing. That's going to stick with him all the way until he's draft eligible. Pretty dick move from a coach if he does that. The "lazy" tag doesn't go away.

Prefer Mario handling it internally for sure.
Seems like he was in on every play last week. Def wasn’t lazy then