How good will our defense be?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

How good will our defense be?

Post by Quietduck »

After the past two weeks, I have a hard time believing how good our D is showing up. Just how good will it be by the end of the year (barring injuries). I'm betting on a top 15 finish in the nation and at least two freshmen stars.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: How good will our defense be?

Post by buckmarkduck »

Quietduck wrote:After the past two weeks, I have a hard time believing how good our D is showing up. Just how good will it be by the end of the year (barring injuries). I'm betting on a top 15 finish in the nation and at least two freshmen stars.

Once KT and Mase are starting, and DJ is playing a lot more, this D will be tops in the conference. I won8be shocked if they sack Eason 5-7 times in Seattle.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Quietduck wrote:After the past two weeks, I have a hard time believing how good our D is showing up. Just how good will it be by the end of the year (barring injuries). I'm betting on a top 15 finish in the nation and at least two freshmen stars.
I think our D will be much better this year. However, the sample size is 2 games. One against a team with not much offense and the second team was a jv team at best. Time will tell but I am optimistic. The skill level on the whole team is just amazing...GO DUCKS!
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Not a high bar to meet, but this will be our best defense since 2014 when we had DeFo, Armstead, Ifo and Co. Will they be better? Probably not, but maybe. We’ve got a nice mix of experience and super high potential.

I’m excited for both this year and the future.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

buckmarkduck wrote:

Once KT and Mase are starting, and DJ is playing a lot more, this D will be tops in the conference. I won8be shocked if they sack Eason 5-7 times in Seattle.
With you here; also as the offense improves the D will become even more of a force.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Having 2 corners you don't have to protect does wonders for a defense.

DJ made the most of garbage time. Looked just unfair that when we emptied the bench we had three guys out there with higher ceilings than those they were replacing. Makes for tremendous depth that should keep the pass rush fresh all game long.

Niu has some play maker in him and seems much improved over last year all around. When you have a safety size guy playing linebacker they sometimes get blown out of a hole but their speed gives them a chance to make some big plays.

This seems like a very deep defense.
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

Watching DJ, I couldn't help but think that he would have been so helpful in the second half vs Auburn. He's a monster.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Talk to me after the Wazzu and USC games going against those Air Raids...and after the UW/Stanford games going against power teams.

In other words, great start, let's see how we do in league after we've been scouted and play similar talent.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

buckmarkduck wrote:

Once KT and Mase are starting, and DJ is playing a lot more, this D will be tops in the conference. I wont be shocked if they sack Eason 5-7 times in Seattle.
DJ and Funa looked good. Yeah if we stay healthy, we are gonna be pretty stellar by the time we hit October.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13