Sean Dollars

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Re: Sean Dollars

Post by ducks5ever »

ducks5ever wrote:Cyrus has the one thing that none of the other running backs on the roster have - size. That's pretty much a pre-requisite to be an elite running back at the college and pro levels... There are ways to get around that like being shifty and quick but you look around the league and how the elites do it in CFB and it's size. Vision matters but even Mark Ingram won a heisman and lasted for a few years in the league because he had size (+ strength). Bigger backs are also less likely to fumble the ball if they aren't being too dumb about it. I think that's a good reason to keep him at RB/goal line package. I'm just surprised as to how we don't try to recruit bigger backs as our trench strategy favors a big bruiser vs. smaller backs especially as the game drags on into the 4th quarter...

#TBT, i also meant Trent Richardson, not Ingram
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Frustrating that Dollars/Felix don't play.
rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by rsbgduck »

GrantDuck wrote:Frustrating that Dollars/Felix don't play.
I think Felix is banged up a little and I don’t see them playing Dollars unless they have to. Meaning he still has 2 games to play (I think :?: ) and still redshirt. If he was good enough to be in the rotation he would play, so why not hold him out, let him play in the PAC Champ. Game and the Rose bowl or however it all plays out. Plus it will help get the recruiting classes evened out so we don’t loose 6OL in one class, or an entire front seven. It was in one of his first interviews as a HC, that high on his list was to even the classes out by position. There are several reasons one being when kids leave early it is a lot easier to replace the depth, or when a position may be weak in a class. Now with the talent he is bringing in I would say after his 4-5 recruiting cycle Oregon will be more of a reloading than rebuilding recruiting strategy as long has he continues to improve with results in the classroom, on the field and in the draft. KT didn’t come here just for football.
ICamel
Two Star Recruit

Post by ICamel »

Looks like Felix is going to see more playing time.
"Cristobal said Darrian Felix, who has been “nicked up a little bit” but still contributing on special teams, could also get some carries against Colorado.
(Felix) is really looking good, looked great today, so we can expect to see more of him,” Cristobal said. “Cyrus has played well, has practiced well, has done a lot of good things. He’s a bigger back, he gives us a little bit of a different look, almost like you’ve got your fastball guys and you’ve got your guys that can come in there and pound it a little bit. He did that for us".
https://www.ducksports.com/sports/20191 ... for-season