#16 Oregon @ Stanford (Sept. 21, Sat 4 PM ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

#16 Oregon @ Stanford (Sept. 21, Sat 4 PM ESPN)

Post by greenyellow »

2-1 Oregon @ 1-2 Stanford
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Re: #15 Oregon @ Stanford (Sept. 21, Sat 4 PM ESPN)

Post by karlhungis »

I feel like we will win this one but it will be frustrating.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

I think this will be a beatdown!
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

#16* Oregon
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Folks are expecting a beatdown, but what they're not considering is that this is the first true road game of the year. On skill alone, Oregon should wallup, but will the team get over its road demons?
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

StevensTechU wrote:Folks are expecting a beatdown, but what they're not considering is that this is the first true road game of the year. On skill alone, Oregon should wallup, but will the team get over its road demons?
This might be another neutral site game with how few people show up to their home games. :lol: The Alumni Association should really be trying to push this for the Bay Area Ducks to take over the stadium.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

StevensTechU wrote:Folks are expecting a beatdown, but what they're not considering is that this is the first true road game of the year. On skill alone, Oregon should wallup, but will the team get over its road demons?
Fortunately, it looks like Stanford has even more tangible obstacles to overcome.
nogerO
Senior

Re: #16 Oregon @ Stanford (Sept. 21, Sat 4 PM ESPN)

Post by nogerO »

Oregon 24, furd 17. Unless we screw the pooch with our ongoing game management issues...Hopefully Johnson can play at wr.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

Until the offense can show they can score on the road this is a game to worry about. Stanford has issues on their offensive line and not playing their typical physical self. They have had 2 tough losses on the road. Our issue is we can not score more than 8 points in consecutive halves on the road. The only time we have is against Oregon State. That is a stat we should really worry about. On paper we should win but with Arroyo as our OC how much of a handicap is that for Oregon on the road. I had hoped we got rid of our inability to score on the road in consecutive halves but Auburn showed that is not the case. The wins against Montana and Nevada are meaningless since they were at home. I think Oregon wins by maybe 3. They should win by 17.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Duck07 wrote:
This might be another neutral site game with how few people show up to their home games. :lol: The Alumni Association should really be trying to push this for the Bay Area Ducks to take over the stadium.
With Stanford starting 1-2, it could be a ghost town in that stadium.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
wepto
Four Star Recruit

Post by wepto »

Costello was out for the USC game and UCF was shockingly dominate. It's hard to say if Stanford is a bad team, or if they've had a combination of bad luck and bad schedule. Could be a nasty trap game.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Oregon has the superior talent and should win by multiple scores, but as others have posted this team seems to forget how to football when they’re on the road. If Oregon loses due to offensive woes then I imagine Mullens and Knight will start to put pressure on cristobal about considering changing the offensive coaching staff.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

Given their lack of offensive scoring the last 8 road games other than Oregon State their should already be pressure on Arroyo to design a better game plan or play calling. I think he has been given plenty of excuses. Some might be valid but at the end of the day the OC is suppose to be in charge of making sure score points no matter the injury or lack of players who can reliably catch the ball. It has become a consistent problem that the media seems to not want to ask Cristobal about.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Which Costello do we get? He is so streaky, can be a Manning one game and throw like me the next. Actually it can flip like that at half time. Fortunately, he has no Love or McCaffery to lean on, so if he is off their offense will be toast.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

While I love Wright, I'm pleased that it appears we'll have the bigger stronger TG4 back to battle the big Stanford WRs.