Cal-Oregon, Oct. 5: 5 p.m. on FOX

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Re: Cal-Oregon, Oct. 5: 5 p.m. on FOX

Post by GoDucksTroll »

If you’re in Oregon and have Dish you probably only lost FS1. I still have Big Fox. Half the country did lose Big Fox as well, though.

I’ve been looking into streaming services and the only one that has Pac-12 network are FuboTV. YouTubeTV, PS Vue, and Hulu don’t. Sling is basically dish network.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

GoDucksTroll wrote:If you’re in Oregon and have Dish you probably only lost FS1. I still have Big Fox. Half the country did lose Big Fox as well, though.

I’ve been looking into streaming services and the only one that has Pac-12 network are FuboTV. YouTubeTV, PS Vue, and Hulu don’t. Sling is basically dish network.
I have Dish, I live just outside of Portland, I just noticed Fox Sports 1, FS1, is gone with a message saying call and complain. But Fox is still here. AKA Huskies, USC at 12:30 on fox and Ducks Cal next week. I do hate the "held hostage" approach!
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Alan wrote:
GoDucksTroll wrote:If you’re in Oregon and have Dish you probably only lost FS1. I still have Big Fox. Half the country did lose Big Fox as well, though.

I have Dish, I live just outside of Portland, I just noticed Fox Sports 1, FS1, is gone with a message saying call and complain. But Fox is still here. AKA Huskies, USC at 12:30 on fox and Ducks Cal next week. I do hate the "held hostage" approach!
You can get regular fox with an antenna for next weeks game.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

greenyellow wrote:Why not just get an antenna or a set of rabbit ears? You'd get all your local TV stations, including FOX, for free.
Yeah, I keep forgetting that probably most people aren't nearly as reliant on recording capability as I am, which is where some kind of DVR comes in and an antenna won't suffice.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Greenblood wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Why not just get an antenna or a set of rabbit ears? You'd get all your local TV stations, including FOX, for free.
Yeah, I keep forgetting that probably most people aren't nearly as reliant on recording capability as I am, which is where some kind of DVR comes in and an antenna won't suffice.
As I stated above I have Dish, as of this morning I still have Fox but not FS1, I use the DVR, recording, a lot also and may be spoiled on HD...... but I will try rabbit ears when or if I lose Fox.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

You can still get HD channels with rabbit ear antennas as all the major networks broadcast in HD. Also, most DVRs will record free over-the-air TV so long as they have a coaxial connection port on them.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Just realized that, at least as of now, I do have the main FOX channel available on Dish here in the Seattle area. So no concerns as of yet for getting this game.