#13 Oregon @ Bye (Sept. 28)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

brich75
Senior

Re: #13 Oregon @ Bye (Sept. 28)

Post by brich75 »

GoDucksTroll wrote:After seeing Cal yesterday: they are going to get steamrolled in Autzen. Our defense is going to feast on them.

Evan Weaver is a heck of a player. Oregon was late in his recruitment, I remember making him an edit because he was excited about the offer and then he committed to Cal a few days later. Him and Colin Schooler would have been nice.

But yeah, Cal is going to get smoked like they’re in Cliff Harris’s car circa 2011.
After seeing Oregon St rip off big chunk runs all over Stanford and put up 28 points I’m more concerned than ever about CAL. We couldn’t seem to do much better than 3 yards a pop, and could only muster 21.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

I don't have the Pac-12 network so I didn't see the game, was the Beaver running game really that much better? Stats show OSU with remarkably similar numbers, 50 more rushing yards than the Ducks on the same number of carries, about a 1.5 yard increase.
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

brich75 wrote:
GoDucksTroll wrote:After seeing Cal yesterday: they are going to get steamrolled in Autzen. Our defense is going to feast on them.

Evan Weaver is a heck of a player. Oregon was late in his recruitment, I remember making him an edit because he was excited about the offer and then he committed to Cal a few days later. Him and Colin Schooler would have been nice.

But yeah, Cal is going to get smoked like they’re in Cliff Harris’s car circa 2011.
After seeing Oregon St rip off big chunk runs all over Stanford and put up 28 points I’m more concerned than ever about CAL. We couldn’t seem to do much better than 3 yards a pop, and could only muster 21.
And Stanford put up 31 against OSU and only 6 against us. Remember when we felt we needed to score 40pts to win? Outside of maybe UW, I don't think any PAC-12 team will score more than 20 on us. MC is building an SEC type team based on defense first. Auburn scored 42 before half on Miss. St. Though we should have won, that was a very good team that beat us. I'm more confident this year than I've been. UW is the only team we need to fear. Doesn't mean we win all games. Cal. would never beat UW again this year, but did that day.
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

maxduck wrote:I don't have the Pac-12 network so I didn't see the game, was the Beaver running game really that much better? Stats show OSU with remarkably similar numbers, 50 more rushing yards than the Ducks on the same number of carries, about a 1.5 yard increase.
Better probably, “that much better” I don’t know. That’s not the point, the point is if the bears are terrible which we can agree they are, then they should be on par with ducks offense.
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

duck58 wrote:
brich75 wrote:

And Stanford put up 31 against OSU and only 6 against us. Remember when we felt we needed to score 40pts to win? Outside of maybe UW, I don't think any PAC-12 team will score more than 20 on us. MC is building an SEC type team based on defense first. Auburn scored 42 before half on Miss. St. Though we should have won, that was a very good team that beat us. I'm more confident this year than I've been. UW is the only team we need to fear. Doesn't mean we win all games. Cal. would never beat UW again this year, but did that day.
I get what you are saying, however when you play better teams like UW a crappy offense will kill your defense. Eventually when you can’t run or move the ball the D will get exhausted from being on the field. We watched it happen in the auburn game. I’m not saying we need the best offense on earth but being outdone by OSU won’t cut it period