JJ Tucker Transferring?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Phenom
All Pac-12

JJ Tucker Transferring?

Post by Phenom »

Posted this on his IG and many players on the team are wishing him well. Seems like a really well-liked guy
https://www.instagram.com/p/B28NGPrg0WH/

Once a Duck...always a Duck! Thank you, JJ!
thomas time
Senior

Re: JJ Tucker Transferring?

Post by thomas time »

ya if he is leaving best of luck to him, maybe Devon taking his scholarship
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

thomas time wrote:ya if he is leaving best of luck to him, maybe Devon taking his scholarship

Devon is paying his own way for the term. The entire team could transfer today, and we'd still have no scholarship for DWill.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Best of luck to him as a person. From a football perspective, if he couldn't even crack the depth chart on this team, with all these injuries, the writing was on the wall in terms of being a Pac-12 caliber receiver. This certainly appears to be a move that is in his best interest (assuming he is a guy that actually wants to play, rather than simply ride the scholarship gravy train ::cough::Samuel Potasi::cough::) and the best interest of the team.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

gogreen55 wrote:Best of luck to him as a person. From a football perspective, if he couldn't even crack the depth chart on this team, with all these injuries, the writing was on the wall in terms of being a Pac-12 caliber receiver. This certainly appears to be a move that is in his best interest (assuming he is a guy that actually wants to play, rather than simply ride the scholarship gravy train ::cough::Samuel Potasi::cough::) and the best interest of the team.
I dunno, something about the phrase 'scholarship gravy train' rubs me the wrong way. Tucker took an offer from Oregon in good faith. It's a shame it isn't working out in terms of his development, but I don't want to get all Alabama-like and start blaming guys for playing out their scholarships. I hope he is leaving voluntarily in order to play more somewhere else. Also, if he is leaving, this makes me feel a lot better about taking on Devon Williams. Williams for Tucker seems like an upgrade for guys that will both be redshirt sophomores next year.
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

Is this transfer 100% confirmed?
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

jimmy12 wrote:Is this transfer 100% confirmed?
Nope. Cristobal said in his presser yesterday that he couldn't say at this time whether Tucker would be on the team in the future or off the team in the future as he dealt with 'personal issues.' So TBD.