Cal @ #13 Oregon (Oct. 5, Sat 5 PM FOX)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

brich75
Senior

Re: Cal @ #13 Oregon (Oct. 5, Sat 5 PM FOX)

Post by brich75 »

Oregon’s offense is disappointing to say the least. However with that defense they will be in every game
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Well an win is a win. Not sure what the outcome would’ve been if Cal was fully healthy. Defense was great outside of a couple lucky plays from Cal. Defense continues to dominate but the offense just cannot figure things out. Offense better hurry up and improve drastically or else we’ll have a couple of more losses this season.
Eh, the offense put up 400 yards against a very good defense. Their secondary is solid. Fluke mistakes were the reason they scored 17 instead of 30+.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Offense was sloppy but actually moved the ball pretty well. They need to put a complete game together.

Pittman is going to be really good.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

droop10 wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Well an win is a win. Not sure what the outcome would’ve been if Cal was fully healthy. Defense was great outside of a couple lucky plays from Cal. Defense continues to dominate but the offense just cannot figure things out. Offense better hurry up and improve drastically or else we’ll have a couple of more losses this season.
Eh, the offense put up 400 yards against a very good defense. Their secondary is solid. Fluke mistakes were the reason they scored 17 instead of 30+.
Yards don’t equal points. Gotta clean up those mistakes.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

This defense is in some ways better than Gang Green. The speed of the defense as Huard said on all levels is incredible and they have depth to go with it.

I am very concerned about the offense though. I will say this, the play calling was lot better tonight. I am not blaming Arroyo for the turnovers. They ran the ball better tonight than any other game. Can not have 3 turnovers and expect to win many games. Lose the turnover battle against Washington or USC and will likely lose the game.
chapelhillduck
Senior

Cal @ #13 Oregon (Oct. 5, Sat 5 PM FOX)

Post by chapelhillduck »

The offense went up and down the field against a really good defense for most of the game. Didn’t translate to points in the first half but the O was actually pretty good tonight.

Had like 25 first downs, the turnovers sucked but we’re not gonna have another freaky half like that this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by chapelhillduck on Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

You guys wanted a running game, well you got one. You wanted Herbert to run well, he ran. We had our worst game for turnovers in a long time and we still won. What more do you want??? I know, I know you believe that winning isn't enough, a good game isn't enough, if we don't replace Alabama, Ohio State, and Notra Dame in the books as the best college football college ever we should fire all the coaches at the end of the year (Sarcasm)
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

That might be a highlight of the game. I kid. Great to see an Oregon player show the law enforcement how to tackle the guy.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

2 weeks to prepare and this is what we get. FFS
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

I'm definitely a glass half full on this one, the defense played great again, giving up 1 TD, on a short field. Turnovers have not been a problem this season, of course don't want to see them begin to be one. FWIW, Modster was harder to contain than Garbers appeared to be. This looked like while the bye allowed Pittman & Schooler to play, it might have put the Ducks in a deeper ready to play deficit than they expected.
chapelhillduck
Senior

Post by chapelhillduck »

This is my favorite game this year. They showed they could overcome difficulties and won.

Feels better than the the 16-7 Cal game when there were no offensive TDs and Cliffy (IIRC) ran back a punt for the TD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Ducks have given up ONE TD in the last four games. That is freaking ridiculous. This has to go down as one of the best defenses, hands down, at this point. I don’t care of other teams injuries, etc., they flat out ball. Avalos, and the D recruiting, is making this team a different thought process for most of us. We have been spoiled by the offensive numbers over the years, but Avalos has been the most spectacular addition (others so highly regarded) to the staff. Hope we don’t lose him.
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

WhAt is going on In the pac? Beavs beat UCLA and Washington losing to Stanford
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
droop10 wrote:
Yards don’t equal points. Gotta clean up those mistakes.

There has been legit things to complain about with MC and Arroya, but bad turnovers and penalties has never been the case. I don't expect to see a repeat performance of tonight.