Colorado @ #13 Oregon (Oct. 11, Fri 7 PM FS1)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

GrantDuck
Senior

Re: Colorado @ #13 Oregon (Oct. 11, Fri 7 PM FS1)

Post by GrantDuck »

Good win.

Penei Sewell is un-freaking-real. How rare is it that you have a superstar offensive lineman that gets post game interviews? That guy is it.

Couple of frustrating things with the offense and Herbert missing some guys early and Juwan Johnson showing some questionable hands.

Obvious negative from the game was the we had 3 of our best 10 players get injured. Sounds like Holland/Dye will be alright.

Breeland was non-contact seemingly, but sometimes those surprise you. Just hope it's a strain or sprain and not a tear. Feel for him because he was playing some awesome football.

We do have 8 days to rest up, so heal fast, drink that milk, and Go Ducks! Huck the Fuskies!
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Oh and that was the first real #Pac12Refs of the year. A couple of those D-PI penalties were bad and the holding on Sewell was literally just Sewell chucking his defender on the ground lol.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Even up 38-3 the backup defenders are playing with so much passion! This has to be the most talented defense in Oregon history!
Does it really surprise anyone that our depth players on D are playing this well? At BSU, Avalos put up great defenses with players who would be buried in our depth chart. I know backups don't generally perform as well because they are not getting the reps in practice, but BSU would have injuries too and keep putting out good defenses. I live in Boise and would say over and over, I wish the Ducks would grab Avalos. He is a seriously solid coach/coordinator. Hanging on to him is going to be very hard to do. He'll be offered a head coach job in the near future.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

greenyellow wrote:Verdell with a huge run. Just looks like he ran out of gas.
He's out of condition... That's the longest run he's had all season :lol: !
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

woundedknees wrote:
They mentioned the guy that ran him down is a sprinter. Runs a 10.5, I don’t know anything about track but I’m assuming that’s fast
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

brich75 wrote:
woundedknees wrote:
They mentioned the guy that ran him down is a sprinter. Runs a 10.5, I don’t know anything about track but I’m assuming that’s fast
10.5 is fast. For comparison, Thomas Tyner ran a 10.35 in HS, which is blazing. I would assume that Verdell spraining his ankle just last week probably slowed him down a bit. It took everything for that DB to catch up to him so I was actually impressed with Verdell’s speed, all things considered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

Tray Dub wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:My gosh Sewell absolutely overwhelms defenders! I know this is a big claim but is Sewell the best OLineman in Oregon history?
Definitely not yet. Max Unger comes to mind. But with a few more years, Sewell might end up the most dominant lineman we've ever had.
He's gone after next year. And he should definitely go.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

wlduck wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:My gosh Sewell absolutely overwhelms defenders! I know this is a big claim but is Sewell the best OLineman in Oregon history?
Definitely not yet. Max Unger comes to mind. But with a few more years, Sewell might end up the most dominant lineman we've ever had.

Penei is already better than Unger in college, and it's not close. Unger got to Seattle, and took 2 years to get strong enough to be effective in the NFL. Sewell could go to the NFL right now and be strong enough. Imho, unless he gets hurt, Seweell will be our top player produced in the last 30 years.
wepto
Four Star Recruit

Post by wepto »

buckmarkduck wrote:
wlduck wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:

Penei is already better than Unger in college, and it's not close. Unger got to Seattle, and took 2 years to get strong enough to be effective in the NFL. Sewell could go to the NFL right now and be strong enough. Imho, unless he gets hurt, Seweell will be our top player produced in the last 30 years.
Haloti Ngata was a five time pro bowler. Sewell's got some work to do before he claims spot #1.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

buckmarkduck wrote:
wlduck wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:

We're not talking about the best pro prospect, we're talking about the best lineman for our team. Maybe I'm biased as a former center, but I'll take the all-american four-year starter and anchor of the unit. Penei is more dominant, but line play is a group effort and Unger was an exceptional leader. But Sewell is only halfway through year two – in another season and a half, I'm open to him working his way up the ranks. I do absolutely love the kid.

And wepto, I definitely mean to be talking about o-linemen. If it's just guys in the trenches, Haloti is the undisputed king.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Unger isn't a better player than Penei at this stage in their Oregon careers and he was a Tackle as a FR and SO only moving to Center after Enoka Lucas graduated. Both got Fr AA honors at Tackle but its pretty obvious that Max never did to Defensive Lineman what Penei does.

As an NFL Center though, Max Unger had a streak of clean play rivaled only by Walter Jones in the sheer lack of penalties against them.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

best overall game of the year, defense is third in the country in pts allowed per game and second in ints behind San Jose state