It sure didn't take long for UW fans to...

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

GrantDuck
Senior

It sure didn't take long for UW fans to...

Post by GrantDuck »

become arrogant and delusional again.

You would have think that 0-12 and Nick Holt and a decade of bad football would have humbled them a LITTLE bit.

Hardcore Husky, Twitter, talk radio in Seattle, wherever you turn it's:

-UW has more talent than anyone in the Pac-12, we should be going to the CFP playoff this year.
-Legit calls for Peterman's head and hiring Urban Meyer.
-Stanford loss was the worst at UW since 0-12 season.

The reality is:
They lost NINE starters on defense, their starting QB, and one of the best RB's in their program's history. Unless you recruit like Clemson/Bama, you don't reload instantly from that. They'll probably lose 3-4 games this year, which they SHOULD have seen from the beginning.

We had some rough times at the end of the Helfrich era accepting reality, but it had been 10+ years since we had a "bad" season and the whole program had eroded. UW was bad like 4 year ago and Peterman built the damn thing up again.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Re: It sure didn't take long for UW fans to...

Post by StevensTechU »

To be honest, I don't understand why Ducks fans are trying to talk sense into the husky fan base. If anything, we should absolutely be fanning the flames. Peterson is the first coach to make washington relevant in 30 years. We should be doing whatever we can to help them decide to fire him, or at a minimum, paint him as inept so recruits buy into that notion.

Peterson sucks! Seattle deserves better! (or something like that)
Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Post by Duckattack7 »

StevensTechU wrote:To be honest, I don't understand why Ducks fans are trying to talk sense into the husky fan base. If anything, we should absolutely be fanning the flames. Peterson is the first coach to make washington relevant in 30 years. We should be doing whatever we can to help them decide to fire him, or at a minimum, paint him as inept so recruits buy into that notion.

Lol I really hope we pour it on them in a few weeks that would really set them off in Seattle :lol:
Return Of the Quack!
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Duckattack7 wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:To be honest, I don't understand why Ducks fans are trying to talk sense into the husky fan base. If anything, we should absolutely be fanning the flames. Peterson is the first coach to make washington relevant in 30 years. We should be doing whatever we can to help them decide to fire him, or at a minimum, paint him as inept so recruits buy into that notion.

Lol I really hope we pour it on them in a few weeks that would really set them off in Seattle :lol:
That would be beyond sublime; "2 down, 10 to go!" I have cousins who are the epitome of what Grant pointed out in the OP. They fundamentally can't understand how Oregon, they never actually use that word, has any success. Phil Knight is personally responsible for EVERY win. They don't really devote any time to thinking about WSU, and lately WSU hasn't done much to offset this, but the Ducks, 24 hour hatred.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

Good thing Duck fans never overreact. Myself included. ;)
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

X2, fly by night fans melting down! Duck fans wait until next year after we lose so much talent and experience.
AutzenMember
Five Star Recruit

Post by AutzenMember »

Would love to see them move on from Peterson, as he is one of the best coaches in the country. However, if it means Suburban Meyers steps in, no thank you. Not a fan of his, but he recruits and wins...would be very uncomfortable having him in the PNW.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

AutzenMember wrote:Would love to see them move on from Peterson, as he is one of the best coaches in the country. However, if it means Suburban Meyers steps in, no thank you. Not a fan of his, but he recruits and wins...would be very uncomfortable having him in the PNW.
There's absolutely no way he ends up in Washington. He's only interested in blue blood programs. At this point, I can't see him coming back for anyone but Notre Dame or USC. Doubt Notre Dame happens, not sure about USC. There's been so much smoke around them that I doubt it's all just conjecture, though I guess it could be.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

droop10 wrote:
AutzenMember wrote:Would love to see them move on from Peterson, as he is one of the best coaches in the country. However, if it means Suburban Meyers steps in, no thank you. Not a fan of his, but he recruits and wins...would be very uncomfortable having him in the PNW.
There's absolutely no way he ends up in Washington. He's only interested in blue blood programs. At this point, I can't see him coming back for anyone but Notre Dame or USC. Doubt Notre Dame happens, not sure about USC. There's been so much smoke around them that I doubt it's all just conjecture, though I guess it could be.
Rumor floating around LA is that the new USC pres is pretty no nonsense and she is on a cleaning rampage. Mentioned it before but Lynn Swan did not resign. He was 'invited' (as we used to say at work) to resign by the president. She saw the BS that was going on with him and halted it right away. Apparently there was some donor type event that he was supposed to attend but instead had tickets to the Masters Golf tourney and decided to go to that instead. Word is that was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.

She has the whole admissions scandal to clean up among other things. While some may want Urban because he would win and certainly can recruit, there are other supposed powerful alums who do not want him and all his baggage. I heard talk radio a couple of weeks ago when I was in LA and the consensus seemed to be that SC is in no position to risk their image any more than it already has been merely in an effort to have a winning football team. At least that is what a couple of the radio talking heads said. Remains to be seen.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Welcome new coach Jack Del Rio?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Welcome new coach Marques Tuiasosopo?
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

yep, could see either Del Rio or Tuiasosopo there and either would be a safe higher that I am guessing most alums would be okay with. I think deep down most know that UM would be a very tough hire to justify.

a little story- I am not a fan of this type of thing but will share. Take it FWIW. At the UO/Ohio State NC game, was with some friends and we went to the pre-game festivities at the stadium. It was a bitter cold day in Dallas and there were tents all over the place with food and drink. We picked the first available and got food and were looking for a table when a group of Buckeyes invited us to join them. They were very cordial, friendly and complimentary of Oregon and in no way felt the game was going to be a cake walk for them. Maybe they were just being courteous but none the less were very nice. We were all swapping stories and one of my friends asked about Myers' health. Two of them laughed heartily and we sort paused as we were not sure what that meant. I said something to the effect of 'pretty serious stuff when it involves your heart'. One of the OSU guys said, 'yep it is serious stuff when your wife catches you in bed with coeds, that can certainly impact your heart'. We did not say anything. The other guy then pipes up and says 'its pretty well known in Columbus that Urban likes the college girls and was one step away from divorce when he left Gainsville as his wife gave him a pretty serious ultimatum and that was that she would go public with his behavior if they did not get out of Gainesville quick'. Apparently according to these OSU folks there was many affairs with young ladies at OSU as well. Fact or fiction, don't know but the way the story was told seemed credible.

Don't normally like to engage in this kind of stuff but when people say UM has baggage, it's more than what played out his last year at OSU at least according to some folks.