Injury Updates?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

pezsez1
All Pac-12

Re: Injury Updates?

Post by pezsez1 »

Who is our new starting TE? Any chance that Herbert #2 will get any reps, or is his redshirt staying on? Seems to me that all hands should be on deck while the Rose Bowl is on the line.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

pezsez1 wrote:Who is our new starting TE? Any chance that Herbert #2 will get any reps, or is his redshirt staying on? Seems to me that all hands should be on deck while the Rose Bowl is on the line.
Webb seems like he'd be a decent replacement, he looked good that one play against Auburn, but maybe that one play was a fluke. Kampmoyer and Bay haven't looked too good this season, I'd rather see Aiello, which I know would be an awful option outside of a play here or there. Herbert is on the travel squad so there is a chance we'd see him this season and I'd be OK with that. He's very talented.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I'd love to see Webb get more reps but he still cannot block.

Kampmoyer is now more of our 'blocking' TE and Bay is more of our 'receiving' (yikes).

I do wonder if we will see more jumbo packages w/ Aiello, either at RG or at TE. I think Kampmoyer will do a good job as the wham blocker coming across when we run our 'read' option plays.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

I imagine in the short term it will be heavier doses of Bay and Kampmoyer. Webb will get more reps, but I think the former will have to show they still can't catch in order for Webb to get significant run. Also agree that Aiello packages are more likely.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Kampmoyer dropped a wide open TD on the fake WR screen wheel route we used against Stanford.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Kampmoyer dropped a wide open TD on the fake WR screen wheel route we used against Stanford.
He ran a horrible route on that play. I'm pretty sure the TE is supposed to be next to the sideline on that route and he was at least 6 yards from the sideline. Because of the bad route he could barely get a finger on the ball.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

Any confirmation on the exact injury? ACL? Fracture?
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

pezsez1 wrote:Who is our new starting TE? Any chance that Herbert #2 will get any reps, or is his redshirt staying on? Seems to me that all hands should be on deck while the Rose Bowl is on the line.
According to the participation report Patrick Herbert appeared in two games so he has a possibility of a couple more and still keep the redshirt.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

maxduck wrote:
According to the participation report Patrick Herbert appeared in two games so he has a possibility of a couple more and still keep the redshirt.
Webb is being moved back to TE from Slot and will likely be the primary passing down TE (my guess only). Herbert is being added to the travel squad. He was on the scout team before the Breeland injury.