#12 Oregon @ #25 Washington (Oct. 19, Sat 12:30 PM ABC)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

maxduck
Senior

Re: #12 Oregon @ #25 Washington (Oct. 19, Sat 12:30 PM ABC)

Post by maxduck »

Everythingsducky wrote:'Speaking of Winston, I'm not sure how he does it, but all year he has had the best bullrush on the team and has put many an offensive tackle on skates going backyard. Not what you would expect from a smaller outside linebacker.'

Dude is all about heart and effort. Absolutely loved the vid of him post-game talking to the freshmen D-linemen. Priceless.
Would like to see it, do you have a link?
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

GrandpaDuck wrote:Best Defensive Coaches move was the double switch. Instead of just bringing Wright in for James after the Huskies were so successful targeting him, they put Wright in at his normal Field Side corner and let the veteran Graham adjust to playing out of position.

Those A-Gap Blitzes by Dye, really disrupted Eason even though he never got there for a sack. Its like Grantduck pointed out about Winston's strong play. All year he has been forcing plays that don't show on his stats but were the key for others to capitalize on.

Speaking of Winston, I'm not sure how he does it, but all year he has had the best bullrush on the team and has put many an offensive tackle on skates going backyard. Not what you would expect from a smaller outside linebacker.
You know your stuff. I appreciate what you share so often. WEre you a player or a coach. Your insight is remarkable.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

maxduck wrote:
Everythingsducky wrote:'Speaking of Winston, I'm not sure how he does it, but all year he has had the best bullrush on the team and has put many an offensive tackle on skates going backyard. Not what you would expect from a smaller outside linebacker.'

Dude is all about heart and effort. Absolutely loved the vid of him post-game talking to the freshmen D-linemen. Priceless.
Would like to see it, do you have a link?
It was a Bri Amaranthus tweet imbedded in a Comcast sports NW article...https://www.nbcsports.com/northwest/ore ... eds-future. I think it is the second tweet vid, but it is awesome!
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

QB11 does a watch party, and for not seemibgnlikenwenpressured Eason much during the game, KT abused Adam's a few times. Anyone who tries and say he is as good as Sewell, doesn't know what they are talking about. The dude is stiff, and had a tough time. If Eason doesn't get the ball.out so quickly, we probably get 2-3 more sacks. Hope KT learns how to finish by seasons end, he is doing everything right except for getting the sack.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Yeah KT is still very raw. He needs to work on his inside swim move since he only goes out wide right now which does leave us more open to running lanes. He also needs to get big and finish tackles earlier. He tends to wait a beat too long to try and engage the QB. All in all he’s a physical freak and will be a monster for us. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a burst off the line like he has.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

He actually gets great leverage vs Adam's. He puts one hand in Adam's chest and pushes him around. On the false start by Adam's, you could see KT would have sacked Eason. He was driving Adam's right into Easons lap.
spacefrog13x
Three Star Recruit

Post by spacefrog13x »

my uneducated opinion of KT is that he just needs a tick more bit of strength to turn the corner on opposing tackle in the pass rush. Once he has that he will be almost unstoppable in the pass rush.
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

greenyellow wrote:
So the the player some thought was garbage is player of the week in PAC-12. Didn't see game live but watched replay. He threw some off passes,but at least two seemed like miss communication with receivers. They were well behind receiver. Looked like if receiver had went the other way it would have been perfect completions. Anyway, he came through when it counted.
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Herbert definitely missed:
1. Wide open Verdell on a 3rd and 9 when he threw to Jonny Johnson instead and shorted it
2. Didn't need to scramble and then didn't plant his feet on the underthrow to Pittman on 3rd and 10
3. Rushed a throw and missed Redd over the middle on the Schooler comeback route
4. Had a good completion to Schooler on a long throw but should have thrown it sooner and 'hiccuped' before throwing
5. Didn't correctly read a lot of zone/man concepts based on the coverages

He also had some great throws like the 3rd down out route to Pittman or the ball to Kampmoyer that Kamp dropped or the ball to Jonny Johnson that he squeezed in between 3 guys.

Overall Justin is likely a top 6-10 QB in the country but he's a good bit behind those top 5. He often makes up his mind pre-snap and goes through without reading the defense, or he sets up to throw and then stops his body mid-throw which affects his: feet, arm movement and his ability to see his other progressions. He also gets hurried in a clean pocket which affects his downfield vision and his footwork.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Herbert definitely missed:
1. Wide open Verdell on a 3rd and 9 when he threw to Jonny Johnson instead and shorted it
2. Didn't need to scramble and then didn't plant his feet on the underthrow to Pittman on 3rd and 10
3. Rushed a throw and missed Redd over the middle on the Schooler comeback route
4. Had a good completion to Schooler on a long throw but should have thrown it sooner and 'hiccuped' before throwing
5. Didn't correctly read a lot of zone/man concepts based on the coverages

He also had some great throws like the 3rd down out route to Pittman or the ball to Kampmoyer that Kamp dropped or the ball to Jonny Johnson that he squeezed in between 3 guys.

Overall Justin is likely a top 6-10 QB in the country but he's a good bit behind those top 5. He often makes up his mind pre-snap and goes through without reading the defense, or he sets up to throw and then stops his body mid-throw which affects his: feet, arm movement and his ability to see his other progressions. He also gets hurried in a clean pocket which affects his downfield vision and his footwork.
6. Double screen where he missed the corner blitz and threw to 33Likio for a loss. The corner blitz meant Schooler was on the other side with 2 OL and a TE to block 1 safety. Likely would have been a TD but he never even looked that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

7. Another double screen on 3rd and 10 and he threw to Dye instead of Redd.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I feel like Herbert got his bell rung on that first drive and took a few possessions to settle down again. He was exceptionally bad there for a bit... but take away that stretch and he was pretty dang good overall.

I could be wrong though, but man, that stretch was uncharacteristically bad.
Willie Taggart is a dick.