#12 Oregon @ #25 Washington (Oct. 19, Sat 12:30 PM ABC)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

#12 Oregon @ #25 Washington (Oct. 19, Sat 12:30 PM ABC)

Post by greenyellow »

5-1 Oregon @ 5-2 Washington
greenyellow

Re: #12 Oregon @ #25 Washington (Oct. 19, Sat 12:30 PM ABC)

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon opens as 3.5 point road favorites: https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2019/1 ... skies.html
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

greenyellow wrote:Oregon opens as 3.5 point road favorites: https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2019/1 ... skies.html
Hostile environment makes me nervous. We certainly seem to be trending in a better direction than the Hussies right now but I'm still nervous about this game.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

karlhungis wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Oregon opens as 3.5 point road favorites: https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2019/1 ... skies.html
Hostile environment makes me nervous. We certainly seem to be trending in a better direction than the Hussies right now but I'm still nervous about this game.
Definitely. A strong start to shut the crowd up very important in this one. A perfect game for Cristobal's vision to materialize.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Maybe I'm alone in this, but I think these two teams are incredibly similar, but washington is like the JV version of Oregon everywhere except one position.

Both have very good defenses, driven largely by the defensive backfield, and are susceptible to the run game. They are almost mirror images of each other, except that Oregon simply has stronger strengths and less weak of weaknesses.

On offense, both have big, strong-armed QBs and so-so receivers. Oregon's QB is clearly better, and there are more and slightly better options at receiver. Both's best receiver is probably their tight end, though Oregon is going to be lacking in that department in this game in all likelihood. washington doesn't have a bad offensive line, but it's no Oregon. This is good because the one position where washington is possibly better is at running back, where Ahmed and Newsom do more with less than Verdell and Dye.

Oregon is the better team, but they're also the road team in a rivalry game. This is going to come down to taking advantage of opportunities on offense, and SHUTTING s*** DOWN on defense.
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

I think this will be Pittman's coming out party. Herbert finds him for 2 TDs and we win by 10
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I am perplexed on this game. I want Oregon to win in every way. I still remember how bad Oregon plays on the road and not convinced we have solved those issues. Our defense is top notch and think it will keep us in the game. I don't know who I will pick on the game thread. I know I want Oregon to win badly.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

This is over simplified, but if we tackle well, we win. The only time the Buffs were able to move the ball was when we whiffed on tackles early in the game. 2nd chance yards lead to first downs and that gives hope to fans and momentum to the their offense. Missed tackles have to be eliminated. If we tackle well, we will roll them.
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

I see us winning this game if we play a clean game (few penalties) and don't shoot ourselves in the foot.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

StevensTechU wrote:Maybe I'm alone in this, but I think these two teams are incredibly similar, but washington is like the JV version of Oregon everywhere except one position.

Both have very good defenses, driven largely by the defensive backfield, and are susceptible to the run game. They are almost mirror images of each other, except that Oregon simply has stronger strengths and less weak of weaknesses.

On offense, both have big, strong-armed QBs and so-so receivers. Oregon's QB is clearly better, and there are more and slightly better options at receiver. Both's best receiver is probably their tight end, though Oregon is going to be lacking in that department in this game in all likelihood. washington doesn't have a bad offensive line, but it's no Oregon. This is good because the one position where washington is possibly better is at running back, where Ahmed and Newsom do more with less than Verdell and Dye.

Oregon is the better team, but they're also the road team in a rivalry game. This is going to come down to taking advantage of opportunities on offense, and SHUTTING s*** DOWN on defense.
I'm pretty sure Newsom was out last week. I don't know what his status is. I have Ahmed in 2 fantasy leagues and he's been up and down all year. We may be able to slow their run game down to where they have to throw the ball.
John 3:36
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

EncinitasDuck wrote:I think this will be Pittman's coming out party. Herbert finds him for 2 TDs and we win by 10
Agreed, I’m gonna predict he has 200+ receiving yards.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

SuperDuck wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:Maybe I'm alone in this, but I think these two teams are incredibly similar, but washington is like the JV version of Oregon everywhere except one position.

I'm pretty sure Newsom was out last week. I don't know what his status is. I have Ahmed in 2 fantasy leagues and he's been up and down all year. We may be able to slow their run game down to where they have to throw the ball.
The name of the Husky running back is Newton, not Newsom. He got hurt against Stanford.....when it happened it looked like it might be a season ending type deal, but further evaluation led the Huskies to believe he will return at some point this season. Just based on how it looked, I am guessing he won't play against the Ducks, but I don't have any special knowledge of the situation. He is a good back that runs extremely hard, so if he is out that would be fine with me. In his absence, Sean McGrew has gotten more carries. He isn't the same sort of physical specimen that Newton is, but he is no slouch and has been just as productive in the opportunities he has received, so the Ducks aren't catching some enormous break, even if Newton doesn't play.

With Breeland out, I am not sure the Ducks have an edge in receiving targets. The Huskies have at least 3 tight ends that are more dangerous receiving threats than the lackluster duo of Bay/Kampmoyer and our wide receivers haven't proven they are anything beyond an average group yet, which is about like the Mutt receivers to this point.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
EncinitasDuck wrote:I think this will be Pittman's coming out party. Herbert finds him for 2 TDs and we win by 10
The odds of this happening are somewhere between me winning the lottery (I didn't buy a ticket) and Lance Broadus walking out at halftime in an Oregon jersey. I'll be rooting for the miracle as much as anyone though.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

gogreen55 wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
The odds of this happening are somewhere between me winning the lottery (I didn't buy a ticket) and Lance Broadus walking out at halftime in an Oregon jersey. I'll be rooting for the miracle as much as anyone though.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Yeah, how many times has an Oregon receiver gotten 200+ in a game. I think Mitchell maybe had 200 against Stanford last year and then Huff and J-Will i want to say had 180 one time but off the top of my head I think that's it.