#12 Oregon @ #25 Washington (Oct. 19, Sat 12:30 PM ABC)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

nogerO
Senior

Re: #12 Oregon @ #25 Washington (Oct. 19, Sat 12:30 PM ABC)

Post by nogerO »

buckmarkduck wrote:
nogerO wrote:
Merganzer wrote:
GrantDuck wrote:Husky fans SUPER salty on this one on twitter/radio/etc. Yeesh lol. Calling for Ugo to get cut from the Seahawks, saying Herbert is overrated still, etc.
And they can keep right on going through the bye and then its Utah. Have a wonderful time Husky fans
I’m glad Utah isn’t on our schedule. They’re going to clown stomp the fussies. Hope they don’t play us in December.
Peterson has owned Whittingham. UW has a decent shot vs UU.
What position does Peterson play?
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

StevensTechU wrote:
nogerO wrote:
pezsez1 wrote:What happened to Verdell? Also, any word on Lenoire's status?
The same thing every game, Verdell got beat up. He's not big enough to run 20 dive plays a game...

Yeah, that didn't come across like I intended. It was more of a comment about they should use Verdell on the stretch RPO's and screen passes and Habbi-likkio on the series where they are bound and determined to flex their muscles (Hi I'm Franz and this is Hanz) and run it up the middle where bad men lay in wait...Looks like that's what they did in the fourth quarter.
Last edited by nogerO on Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

lmduck wrote:All good points about UW and Utah. The game , I believe is in Seattle and UW will be coming off a bye week And having lost to UO so I am guessing they will be fired up. They need something to salvage their season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If they lose to Utah, my bet is they crumble and later lose to WSU as well.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

nogerO wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
nogerO wrote:
Merganzer wrote:
GrantDuck wrote:Husky fans SUPER salty on this one on twitter/radio/etc. Yeesh lol. Calling for Ugo to get cut from the Seahawks, saying Herbert is overrated still, etc.
And they can keep right on going through the bye and then its Utah. Have a wonderful time Husky fans
I’m glad Utah isn’t on our schedule. They’re going to clown stomp the fussies. Hope they don’t play us in December.
Peterson has owned Whittingham. UW has a decent shot vs UU.
What position does Peterson play?
Solid take.
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

buckmarkduck wrote:Honestly the play they want PI on was about as tricky tacky as it gets. If the roles were reversed, and they called called for PI on that play. They would be complaining that it shouldn't have been called.
Absolutely! No way it should have been called.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

One thing I see getting reposted on 24/7 a bunch and even by their staff is that "Thomas Graham got beat for a long TD".

Oregon was in cover 3 on that play, not man. Thomas Graham wasn't even responsible for that area of the field and still almost made the play because he saw his teammate had make a mistake. I get that a lot of fans aren't going to recognize it and I didn't recognize it myself until the replay, but guys that cover the Ducks "for a living" absolutely should not keep reporting that wrong.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

GrantDuck wrote:One thing I see getting reposted on 24/7 a bunch and even by their staff is that "Thomas Graham got beat for a long TD".

Oregon was in cover 3 on that play, not man. Thomas Graham wasn't even responsible for that area of the field and still almost made the play because he saw his teammate had make a mistake. I get that a lot of fans aren't going to recognize it and I didn't recognize it myself until the replay, but guys that cover the Ducks "for a living" absolutely should not keep reporting that wrong.
What’s even worse is Blackledge pointed it out on the broadcast. Pickett bit on the TE dig route and we basically had 3 guys on the TE and Graham all alone. It was obvious just based in Graham’s reaction as well.

brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
GrantDuck wrote:One thing I see getting reposted on 24/7 a bunch and even by their staff is that "Thomas Graham got beat for a long TD".

What’s even worse is Blackledge pointed it out on the broadcast. Pickett bit on the TE dig route and we basically had 3 guys on the TE and Graham all alone. It was obvious just based in Graham’s reaction as well.

Yup they pointed it out in a replay, the safety bit on the underneath TE left graham alone when he was suppose to have help over the top. And you are right he damn near caught up and made the play. You could see him after the play chewing the safety’s ass too.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Last few notes after re-watching last night.

-Cade Otton is really good for UW and they don't use him enough. He physically dominated Bryson Young for most of that game. With Fuller out, they should have gone to him a lot more.
-Carlberg also had a rough game.
-Nick Harris got away with holding on FatMac at least twice(completely obvious holds)
-KT kept rushing himself like 12 yards downfield and out of the play. Absolute freak, but a lot of development left. Notice it was his man wanting to get an early start, who false started on UW's final drive, which ultimately is why they were short of the first down.
-Funa made some mental mistakes, but holy hell is he physical at the LOS.
-Lamar Winston had a really steady game. He knocked Trey Adams on his ass twice, including depositing him in Eason's lap on a 3rd down pass rush that led to an incompletion.
-The play Holland made on UW's last wildcat run to stuff it for a loss was unreal.
-Avalos started sending Dye from every angle the last couple drives for UW and it affected Eason quite a bit. Even on not his best day, the dude made adjustments and I'm so glad he's our DC.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

GrantDuck wrote:Last few notes after re-watching last night.

-Cade Otton is really good for UW and they don't use him enough. He physically dominated Bryson Young for most of that game. With Fuller out, they should have gone to him a lot more.
-Nick Harris got away with holding on FatMac at least twice(completely obvious holds)
-KT kept rushing himself like 12 yards downfield and out of the play. Absolute freak, but a lot of development left. Notice it was his man wanting to get an early start, who false started on UW's final drive, which ultimately is why they were short of the first down.
-Lamar Winston had a really steady game. He knocked Trey Adams on his ass twice, including depositing him in Eason's lap on a 3rd down pass rush that led to an incompletion.
-The play Holland made on UW's last wildcat run to stuff it for a loss was unreal.
-Avalos started sending Dye from every angle the last couple drives for UW and it affected Eason quite a bit. Even on not his best day, the dude made adjustments and I'm so glad he's our DC.
Thanks for the notes! Great stuff. A lot of guys had poor games that I don't expect them to repeat this season. That to me was overall Oregon's worst game of the season, and it very well have been their second toughest game of the year 3rd if they match up against Utah in the conference championship). I really don't expect Oregon to play that poorly again. Feeling confident in Oregon's chances to go 11-1 in the regular season.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Yup Avalos was trying different things, which was cool to see. Credit UW though, their line played pretty well. But there were more non-called holds against UW than any other team we've played this year. But Eason did get the ball out quicker than most QBs and UW had established a solid run game.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

Some of our guys get in position but get dragged for a few yards when they make the hit. NOT FUNA, man when he gets his hands on whoever has the ball it’s over immediately. He is a monster! There have been a couple times he hit backs and I thought a lineman hit them .
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Best Defensive Coaches move was the double switch. Instead of just bringing Wright in for James after the Huskies were so successful targeting him, they put Wright in at his normal Field Side corner and let the veteran Graham adjust to playing out of position.

Those A-Gap Blitzes by Dye, really disrupted Eason even though he never got there for a sack. Its like Grantduck pointed out about Winston's strong play. All year he has been forcing plays that don't show on his stats but were the key for others to capitalize on.

Speaking of Winston, I'm not sure how he does it, but all year he has had the best bullrush on the team and has put many an offensive tackle on skates going backyard. Not what you would expect from a smaller outside linebacker.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

'Speaking of Winston, I'm not sure how he does it, but all year he has had the best bullrush on the team and has put many an offensive tackle on skates going backyard. Not what you would expect from a smaller outside linebacker.'

Dude is all about heart and effort. Absolutely loved the vid of him post-game talking to the freshmen D-linemen. Priceless.