How far will the Ducks move up?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

nogerO
Senior

Re: How far will the Ducks move up?

Post by nogerO »

Ducks 7th in AP
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

nogerO wrote:Ducks 7th in AP
I'm surprised they jumped Georgia
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I could see the SEC getting two if is Alabama and LSU. I do not see Penn State and Ohio State both getting in though. That would leave Clemson out. My four would probably be Alabama, Ohio State, LSU and Clemson. The Oregon/ Utah winner will be left out. The scary thing is we have had 2 weeks with upsets in the top 10. Will there be a 3rd week in a row. If so who. I would probably guess either Utah or Oregon might be on upset alert this week. Utah has had a tough time against Washington lately. USC has the talent across the board. Just my two cents for whatever it is worth.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

squintsdd wrote:Something people are forgetting is that Baylor is still unbeaten with the meat of their schedule coming. If they manage to run the table there's no way they can be left out, and if Oklahoma beats them then they'll stay ahead of Oregon. I think the SEC gets 2 teams in, Clemson will be a third. Unfortunately I think Oregon will be on the outside looking in. They way Utah is playing they have a strong argument to jump Oregon. I've seen a couple of polls that think the SEC and big10 each will get 2.

I think for now Oregon jumps to 8 with Utah at 9

No one is forgetting that Baylor and Minnesota are undefeated. But neither will stay that way.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:I could see the SEC getting two if is Alabama and LSU. I do not see Penn State and Ohio State both getting in though. That would leave Clemson out. My four would probably be Alabama, Ohio State, LSU and Clemson. The Oregon/ Utah winner will be left out. The scary thing is we have had 2 weeks with upsets in the top 10. Will there be a 3rd week in a row. If so who. I would probably guess either Utah or Oregon might be on upset alert this week. Utah has had a tough time against Washington lately. USC has the talent across the board. Just my two cents for whatever it is worth.
I agree with that final 4, although LSU has looked vulnerable the last couple of weeks. With an upset and then a loss to Alabama, they could be a team on the outside. I don't see that happening though
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

squintsdd wrote:
nogerO wrote:Ducks 7th in AP
I'm surprised they jumped Georgia
It kind of makes sense from the perspective that Auburn lost, meaning that Oregon could properly be ranked higher than Auburn (the artificial ceiling was lifted). This is a clear example of some voters overthinking things in prior weeks instead of simply ranking the teams in the order of best to worst. Thankfully it equalized after a few weeks....
Last edited by bigsugarduck on Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

buckmarkduck wrote:
squintsdd wrote:Something people are forgetting is that Baylor is still unbeaten with the meat of their schedule coming. If they manage to run the table there's no way they can be left out, and if Oklahoma beats them then they'll stay ahead of Oregon. I think the SEC gets 2 teams in, Clemson will be a third. Unfortunately I think Oregon will be on the outside looking in. They way Utah is playing they have a strong argument to jump Oregon. I've seen a couple of polls that think the SEC and big10 each will get 2.

I think for now Oregon jumps to 8 with Utah at 9

No one is forgetting that Baylor and Minnesota are undefeated. But neither will stay that way.
Baylor very well could, not Minnesota though
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

There aren't going to be many undefeated teams left by the end of the year, maybe 3-5 max. Penn State/Minnesota and LSU/Alabama play on November 9th, Baylor/Oklahoma play on November 16th, and Ohio State/Penn State play on November 23rd.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Baylor will.lose by 14+ to OU. And probably loses to Texas as well.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

buckmarkduck wrote:Baylor will.lose by 14+ to OU. And probably loses to Texas as well.
I can see that against OU, but I'm not impressed with Texas. I think Baylor wins that game
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

MN will loss 3 times this year