Washington State @ #11 Oregon (Oct. 26, Sat 7:30 PM ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Washington State @ #11 Oregon (Oct. 26, Sat 7:30 PM ESPN)

Post by greenyellow »

4-3 Washington State @ 6-1 Oregon
Merganzer
Senior

Re: Washington State @ #11 Oregon (Oct. 26, Sat 7:30 PM ESPN

Post by Merganzer »

gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Things didn't go well after the big, emotional win over the Huskies last season. Can the Ducks avoid an emotional letdown?
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

Neither team the same as last year. Washington state was a much better team last year than this year. They have still won 4 in a row against Oregon. That means no senior has beat Washington State. I think they will want to change that. I think Oregon wins but this will not be an easy win.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

WSU pass defense showed up after having gone awol, but Oregon at home will really test them. WSU Defense has given Oregon fits trying to run the ball against for the past couple of years. They stunt shift and penetrate like Montana did.

I saw some things in the second half of the UW game that gave me some hope the running game is ready to improve and have fewer 2 yard and less carries. First is they addressed the backside defender on run plays with an actual blocker instead of relying on the QB option to occupy him which everyone is ignoring. So many of our little to no gain runs have been from backs getting hit on their blindside from unblocked backside defenders coming behind the blocking unimpeded. By addressing the backside with an actual blocker, you do reduce the number of blockers at the point of attack and second level so you might lose some big play potential but backs getting hit in the backfield so often sucks and negates the advantage your line has over the guys in front of them. A practical compromise acknowledging that no ones buying Herbert's run fakes.

Secondly, 33 besides being big and strong, has the best vision and moves to pick the right hole while running from the pistol. He might not get the 15 yard bursts that CJ does but his median average is much better. The more we see 33 running the pistol plays and 7 and 26 running from shot gun the better.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Time to make the pirate walk the plank. Aarrrgh!
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

Seems high to me. Oregon is at home and I think our defense will want to show better than Saturday.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

It does worry me a bit if Lenoir is out against the air raid, but I still think Oregon just has too much talent for WSU, especially at home. The front seven needs to pressure Gordon! It took the defense way too long to get pressure on Eason, they need to do better against WSU.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

OregonFan4Life wrote:It does worry me a bit if Lenoir is out against the air raid, but I still think Oregon just has too much talent for WSU, especially at home. The front seven needs to pressure Gordon! It took the defense way too long to get pressure on Eason, they need to do better against WSU.

Yeah I’d like to see some blitzes starting in the first quarter.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

OregonFan4Life wrote:It does worry me a bit if Lenoir is out against the air raid, but I still think Oregon just has too much talent for WSU, especially at home. The front seven needs to pressure Gordon! It took the defense way too long to get pressure on Eason, they need to do better against WSU.
When I was watching the game i was also thinking what was going on? We didn't get much pressure on Eason until the 4th quarter. After the game, I saw an analysis that UW had 12 uncalled holding calls against us in the game. That might help explain why we weren't getting much QB pressure throughout the game and makes me feel better about our rushing attack.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

A point spread I would pass on placing a bet on one way or the other. We don't know how Coach A will choose to defend the Air Raid and how you do against other offenses doesn't count for squat.

This will be the first game in awhile I'll go into the game more confident in the offense than the defense. I think Mario has learned (he says he has) and will let Herbert do his thing if once again we cant run on the Cougs. If we can run on them, I think we'll put 50 on the board.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

"I'm SICK AND TIRED OF LOSING TO WAZZU!" (bobby knight i'm sick and tired of losing to Purdue voice, *throws chair*).

Avalos won't be clueless against the Air Raid like some past DC's.

Hoping Lenoir can go though.