Playoff Chances

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Re: Playoff Chances

Post by StevensTechU »

It's really pathetic that what used to be sports journalism has turned into Stephen A Smith and Paul Finebaum. Clownzano, as well, but even he produces 1-2 'journalism' pieces each year (to go along with his attempts of drumming up controversy).
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

It's really pathetic how insecure this makes Alabama Honk Finebaum look; throwing shade on Mullins. The entire CFP is an ESPN production with plants like SEC Pollock & BIG, Galloway objectively analyzing each teams chances.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2019/1 ... rrect.html

“I want to address something that occurred here last night; we were having a conversation about the College Football Playoff and about its chairman, Rob Mullens, who is the athletic director at the University of Oregon,” Finebaum said. "I have been critical of the process. I have been critical of the fact that Mr. Mullens is representing Oregon as the athletic director, although officially he’s not representing them as the chairman of the College Football Playoff. I said some things that quite frankly were wrong and inappropriate.

“This morning, on the way over to Athens, I called Rob Mullens out in Oregon and personally apologized to him, telling him that it doesn’t matter what I intended to say, I am responsible for what I said. He was magnanimous in accepting my apology. We both agreed to get together soon and hope to get to know each other better because he could not have been kinder in receiving my call, and I could not have been more incorrect in what I had to say about him last night.”

What did he intend to say there?
stlDUCKfan
Pac-12 Prediction Winner!

Post by stlDUCKfan »

Merganzer wrote:https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2019/1 ... rrect.html

“I want to address something that occurred here last night; we were having a conversation about the College Football Playoff and about its chairman, Rob Mullens, who is the athletic director at the University of Oregon,” Finebaum said. "I have been critical of the process. I have been critical of the fact that Mr. Mullens is representing Oregon as the athletic director, although officially he’s not representing them as the chairman of the College Football Playoff. I said some things that quite frankly were wrong and inappropriate.

“This morning, on the way over to Athens, I called Rob Mullens out in Oregon and personally apologized to him, telling him that it doesn’t matter what I intended to say, I am responsible for what I said. He was magnanimous in accepting my apology. We both agreed to get together soon and hope to get to know each other better because he could not have been kinder in receiving my call, and I could not have been more incorrect in what I had to say about him last night.”

What did he intend to say there?

“I definitely believe what I said but what I said is getting far too much bad press for my liking, as well as the people who employ my so I’ve decided to back track to put out the fire.”

Basically what he meant.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

You get an A in reading comprehension.