Playoff Chances

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: Playoff Chances

Post by lukeyrid13 »

If we lose to Utah, we should hope that they make the playoff, otherwise we will get the Cotton Bowl which is tied in with the best group of 5 team this year. Likely Memphis. Meh
Velosh82
High School Drop Out

Post by Velosh82 »

DUCKS would certainly need Help, but they are Not that Impossible despite feeling that way.

I'd Love to see AUBURN Beat BAMA and Finally see the Tide written Off. Then, see LSU WIN Out and Beat Georgia for the $EC Title game. (Very Likely).In this event, LSU would be the Only team from the $ec going.

It would certainly help matters even more should BAYLOR and OU Beat each other. My understanding both can meet again after this week for BIG 12 Championship.

Providing this happen, OREGON Ducks get In.

✌ On from this SC TROJAN. NEW Here and Thank You Mods for The Opportunity to join in.

"Through Thick and Thin"
Velosh82
High School Drop Out

Post by Velosh82 »

I'm Not too Worried about MINNESOTA, as Depth will be an Issue for their Roster as we approach the CONFERENCE Championship games.
Velosh82
High School Drop Out

Post by Velosh82 »

If I'm the DUCKS I'd also rather have Ohio St beat Penn St and give them a 2nd Loss. You just dont want to flirt with the possibility of being Jumped by any 1 Loss teams.

I'd rather see Georgia beat AUBURN this weekend, Only to see Auburn Ruin BAMAS Season. Then see LSU Win Out and that Opens the 4 spot for Oregon.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

The best reason that the playoff needs to expand to 8 teams(Power of 5 Con. Champs + 3 At Large) is that it would greatly diminish the eye test in determining the teams; it could still be used in choosing 6-8. As it is now, having the Committee does make it the "Post Season Invitational", where the committee, with no protocol or transparency picks its favorite 4 teams. Win all your games and you have nothing to worry about? Minnesota & Baylor could both do that and there is little chance that both would be in the Final Four.
AutzenMember
Five Star Recruit

Post by AutzenMember »

Merganzer wrote:The best reason that the playoff needs to expand to 8 teams(Power of 5 Con. Champs + 3 At Large) is that it would greatly diminish the eye test in determining the teams; it could still be used in choosing 6-8. As it is now, having the Committee does make it the "Post Season Invitational", where the committee, with no protocol or transparency picks its favorite 4 teams. Win all your games and you have nothing to worry about? Minnesota & Baylor could both do that and there is little chance that both would be in the Final Four.
I'd like to see the top ranked non-Power 5 team get in, then add 2 at large teams. Since 1998, only twice has the top non-power 5 team finished with 2 losses, all other years it has been one loss (8 times) or undefeated (11 times). It adds a cinderella element to the field, much like March Madness. It also adds to the parody, allowing smaller teams a "chance" to get in, which will help in recruiting to smaller schools.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

AutzenMember wrote:
Merganzer wrote:The best reason that the playoff needs to expand to 8 teams(Power of 5 Con. Champs + 3 At Large) is that it would greatly diminish the eye test in determining the teams; it could still be used in choosing 6-8. As it is now, having the Committee does make it the "Post Season Invitational", where the committee, with no protocol or transparency picks its favorite 4 teams. Win all your games and you have nothing to worry about? Minnesota & Baylor could both do that and there is little chance that both would be in the Final Four.
I'd like to see the top ranked non-Power 5 team get in, then add 2 at large teams. Since 1998, only twice has the top non-power 5 team finished with 2 losses, all other years it has been one loss (8 times) or undefeated (11 times). It adds a cinderella element to the field, much like March Madness. It also adds to the parody, allowing smaller teams a "chance" to get in, which will help in recruiting to smaller schools.
Very good. It would add the "chance" element which is eliminated by the committee's myopia.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

AutzenMember wrote:
I'd like to see the top ranked non-Power 5 team get in, then add 2 at large teams. Since 1998, only twice has the top non-power 5 team finished with 2 losses, all other years it has been one loss (8 times) or undefeated (11 times). It adds a cinderella element to the field, much like March Madness. It also adds to the PARITY, allowing smaller teams a "chance" to get in, which will help in recruiting to smaller schools.
FIFW

I will concede that not allowing smaller market teams an opportunity is a joke...
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

woundedknees wrote:
AutzenMember wrote:
I'd like to see the top ranked non-Power 5 team get in, then add 2 at large teams. Since 1998, only twice has the top non-power 5 team finished with 2 losses, all other years it has been one loss (8 times) or undefeated (11 times). It adds a cinderella element to the field, much like March Madness. It also adds to the PARITY, allowing smaller teams a "chance" to get in, which will help in recruiting to smaller schools.
FIFW

I will concede that not allowing smaller market teams an opportunity is a joke...
Having the Committee is the joke. FCS doesn't have a Committee. The CFP is filled by the teams the committee wants to be there. Hours & hours the Committee spends going over all the teams, finally it comes down to, "Okay, did Alabama win its conference? No. Did they at least win their division? No. Well then, it's obvious. Alabama is in the CFP." In 2016, Penn State beat Ohio State, won the division and the conference, Ohio State went to the CFP.
If it really was a Playoff instead of an Invitational all Oregon would need to do is beat Arizona tomorrow and win the North, then if they win the conference, they're in. Now, they have to win. But it won't matter if Utah loses, or if Georgia beats Auburn. Or maybe, Auburn does beat Georgia, Utah doesn't lose, Oregon beats Utah in the conference championship, and the committee picks Utah.
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

I don't think it makes a difference.. Ducks got beat by a team that now has 2 losses and will have a 3rd loss very shortly...(21-0 and in the 4th quarter). I just dont see where we are in a very good position... Auburn puts the screws to us again... Just need to win out and get a damn good bowl game... Seems that's pretty much all we have at this point... Bamas schedule is such that even without Tua, they are gonna continue with their winning ways..

Hold on, I forgot one thing...Auburn loves last minute wins...now they need to score once again, hold Georgia once, and score 2 on extra point... lol
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

ducksrock wrote:I don't think it makes a difference.. Ducks got beat by a team that now has 2 losses and will have a 3rd loss very shortly...(21-0 and in the 4th quarter). I just dont see where we are in a very good position... Auburn puts the screws to us again... Just need to win out and get a damn good bowl game... Seems that's pretty much all we have at this point... Bamas schedule is such that even without Tua, they are gonna continue with their winning ways..
It makes a difference because if it was the 8 team playoff described in this topic, teams would just have to take care of their conference games. What a team did to you from another conference would not figure in to it.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

I can't believe we lost to Nix...
stlDUCKfan
Pac-12 Prediction Winner!

Post by stlDUCKfan »

Well if Bo freaking Nix has anything to say about they won’t have a chance. Wow he’s god awful. How did UO lose to him?
stlDUCKfan
Pac-12 Prediction Winner!

Post by stlDUCKfan »

Phenom wrote:I can't believe we lost to Nix...
He just took a sack on 4th and 10. I hate him. I have never played QB in my life and I think I could have made that 4th down throw earlier.
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

Merganzer wrote:
ducksrock wrote:I don't think it makes a difference.. Ducks got beat by a team that now has 2 losses and will have a 3rd loss very shortly...(21-0 and in the 4th quarter). I just dont see where we are in a very good position... Auburn puts the screws to us again... Just need to win out and get a damn good bowl game... Seems that's pretty much all we have at this point... Bamas schedule is such that even without Tua, they are gonna continue with their winning ways..
It makes a difference because if it was the 8 team playoff described in this topic, teams would just have to take care of their conference games. What a team did to you from another conference would not figure in to it.
Yet, being a 4 team playoff, which it is, it can make all the difference..I strongly doubt the ducks will even sniff the CFP...