The Ducks need to pay Feld

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Alan
Senior

The Ducks need to pay Feld

Post by Alan »

Gogreen posted a list on a thread about Mario I found very interesting:

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salari ... l/strength

Thank for posting that list, Feld at 52 making $200k is underpaid in my opinion for an assistant coach for the Ducks. His pay ranks him 52nd highest paid SC coach, the Ducks are not the number 52 team. Not saying he needs to be the sixth highest paid. He is no doubt one of the top three assistant coaches as far as bringing attention to the Ducks, to both recruits and fans...... not to mentioned boosters. Huskies SC coach brings down $340k, UCLA SC coach is at $310k..... we will lose some coaches, probably at least one a year, but we need to keep Mr. Flex Friday and fill the sleeves! The guy is a nationally recognized asset, Feld is talked about as much in media as any Duck coach with the exception Mario......pay him!
Wildcat-Duck
One Star Recruit

Re: The Ducks need to pay Feld

Post by Wildcat-Duck »

I agree. The players seem to really love Feld. He has all the credentials, and is an in-game motivator. We really need to keep that guy.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

the players really love Feld and he is also a good disciplinarian and not just in the weight room. he keeps them in line big time.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

He just got a raise and I'm sure there's another one coming. He'll be here as long as he wants to. Money won't be an issue either.

There had been rumbles that he (and his wife) missed the South but I don't know how true that is.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Alan wrote:Gogreen posted a list on a thread about Mario I found very interesting:

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salari ... l/strength

Thank for posting that list, Feld at 52 making $200k is underpaid in my opinion for an assistant coach for the Ducks. His pay ranks him 52nd highest paid SC coach, the Ducks are not the number 52 team. Not saying he needs to be the sixth highest paid. He is no doubt one of the top three assistant coaches as far as bringing attention to the Ducks, to both recruits and fans...... not to mentioned boosters. Huskies SC coach brings down $340k, UCLA SC coach is at $310k..... we will lose some coaches, probably at least one a year, but we need to keep Mr. Flex Friday and fill the sleeves! The guy is a nationally recognized asset, Feld is talked about as much in media as any Duck coach with the exception Mario......pay him!
If Feld isn't using his sleeves, stuff em with cash!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

It always feels weird to me when I see people advocating for a 2%er to become a 1%er (or 0.1%er to become 0.01%, like head coaches), especially on public dollars.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

StevensTechU wrote:It always feels weird to me when I see people advocating for a 2%er to become a 1%er (or 0.1%er to become 0.01%, like head coaches), especially on public dollars.
Same people that complain about PERS lol
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I don't think there should be a guilt really.
1. Football is a large revenue sport
2. A lot of donor money comes in specifically because/for football

Technically it's taxpayer money, but it offsets since Football money helps feed many other entities associated with the University.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

lukeyrid13 wrote:I don't think there should be a guilt really.
1. Football is a large revenue sport
2. A lot of donor money comes in specifically because/for football

Technically it's taxpayer money, but it offsets since Football money helps feed many other entities associated with the University.
My comment was to the idea, generally, but in response to your observation, football money doesn't go to PERS. Football donors aren't paying for Mike Belotti's retirement package.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Fair enough in that regard
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

StevensTechU wrote:It always feels weird to me when I see people advocating for a 2%er to become a 1%er (or 0.1%er to become 0.01%, like head coaches), especially on public dollars.
Compensation should always be based on value not where the $$$ comes from. Retirement packages for state employees is a whole other rabbit hole to go down. Let's not go there.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

EncinitasDuck wrote:
Compensation should always be based on value not where the $$$ comes from. Retirement packages for state employees is a whole other rabbit hole to go down. Let's not go there.
Why? It's literally on topic.