Is anyone else enjoying the FSU meltdown over Taggart?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

maxduck
Senior

Re: Is anyone else enjoying the FSU meltdown over Taggart?

Post by maxduck »

Wonder if he burned his bridges at USF like he did at Oregon? He can out recruit most coaches at that level. Combine superior talent with slightly less than average FCS coaching and it can produce decent results. Rather obvious he isn't FBS quality.
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

maxduck wrote:Wonder if he burned his bridges at USF like he did at Oregon? He can out recruit most coaches at that level. Combine superior talent with slightly less than average FCS coaching and it can produce decent results. Rather obvious he isn't FBS quality.
He was about to be sacked there before he had a lightening in a bottle season. This exploded his rep as a program turner.

He is seemingly a good recruiter... That's it.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

For me yes! I am enjoying watching Willie struggle. The biggest thing that got to me was his lie about having no intention or interest in the FSU job then taking Kilkenny's jet to recruit in Texas and deserting to Florida for the job interview, like no one would find out.....complete snake in the grass....... His failure couldn't make me happier, I am a big believer in karma.

He has a huge buyout, $18 mil it believe so he may stay for another year or so, that is one of the concerns on FSU message boards, affording his buyout and paying a new big time coach. I would believe when he does get the boot from FSU other schools will remember what he did to Oregon and his failure at FSU and his power 5 days, as a HC anyway, are done. Have a good day if you want to Willie!
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

Alan wrote:For me yes! I am enjoying watching Willie struggle. The biggest thing that got to me was his lie about having no intention or interest in the FSU job then taking Kilkenny's jet to recruit in Texas and deserting to Florida for the job interview, like no one would find out.....complete snake in the grass....... His failure couldn't make me happier, I am a big believer in karma.

He has a huge buyout, $18 mil it believe so he may stay for another year or so, that is one of the concerns on FSU message boards, affording his buyout and paying a new big time coach. I would believe when he does get the boot from FSU other schools will remember what he did to Oregon and his failure at FSU and his power 5 days, as a HC anyway, are done. Have a good day if you want to Willie!
I really doubt there is any level school that want him. His teams lack any sort of discipline, UO went from the worst of 120+ schools to one of the best for penalties in one year under Christobal.
No one would want his as an OC with his sorry offensive concepts. Not sure about DC, but maybe as a recruiting coordinator?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Love following it after hearing about how they "stole" him away . Now I remind every FSU fan I know how I told them it was a bad deal for them.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Alan wrote:For me yes! I am enjoying watching Willie struggle. The biggest thing that got to me was his lie about having no intention or interest in the FSU job then taking Kilkenny's jet to recruit in Texas and deserting to Florida for the job interview, like no one would find out.....complete snake in the grass....... His failure couldn't make me happier, I am a big believer in karma.

Very well said. His disingenuousness, which we didn't see until he left is what I can't let go of and because he is using it to recruit kids.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

^ I thought a good number of folks had a read on him before he left; thus the nickname 'Slick Willie'.

I made a post about it back when we first hired him, but I remember him being asked a question a few weeks into the job (around when USF had their bowl game) if he had any desire to coach in that game or if he had any contact with any players since he left. He said he hadn't spoken to a player at USF after leaving, and why would he cause he's not their coach anymore.

That was very telling to me, if you'd coached a guy for 3-4 years and truly cared about him, you wouldn't send even 1 text message or check in on him? It showed from the bat that he only cared about bettering himself, not others.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

The one that caught me off guard is that Tony Dungy seemed to give him a good rec. I would usually trust a guy like Dungy to really only do that if the guy was worth it and not a snake in the grass like Willie is.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Willie might want to warm up the bus!
Willie Taggart is a dick.