On Verdell's long run

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

nogerO
Senior

On Verdell's long run

Post by nogerO »

Juwan Johnson destroyed two coogs! And Sewell just road gradered(new word?) another kitty. And the best part of the whole night? The look on the Pirates' face after the game. He's a pompous ass...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Bighonkingduck
Three Star Recruit

Re: On Verdell's long run

Post by Bighonkingduck »

Good to see Johnson finally contributing. His block was awesome.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Good topic and it belongs where more fans will see it. The word is road graded. Haha, I like it - "road graded another kitty". Nice!

I like Leech sometimes, but often I think there is something wrong in his head.
JIDuck97
Four Star Recruit

Post by JIDuck97 »

rockthief wrote:Good topic and it belongs where more fans will see it. The word is road graded. Haha, I like it - "road graded another kitty". Nice!

Leach suffers from douche-bag syndrome. He is insanely smart, runs a great offensive system that is incredible at exploiting a defense. He is a walking quote machine. He also throws people under the bus, is not nice, and backs people that are anti-humanity.

Leach is an incredible coach, funny and smart as all get out, and 2/3 of an actual person.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

JIDuck97 wrote:
rockthief wrote:Good topic and it belongs where more fans will see it. The word is road graded. Haha, I like it - "road graded another kitty". Nice!

Leach suffers from douche-bag syndrome. He is insanely smart, runs a great offensive system that is incredible at exploiting a defense. He is a walking quote machine. He also throws people under the bus, is not nice, and backs people that are anti-humanity.

Leach is an incredible coach, funny and smart as all get out, and 2/3 of an actual person.
I think that's a fairly accurate assessment. I wouldn't call it douche-bag syndrome though. I think he's just not going to cater to the media. He's going to tell it like it is, and he's not going to lose any sleep if people don't agree with him. I honestly find it a little refreshing to see a coach that's going to be his own person rather than someone people think he should be when on camera. That being said, I'd hate to see what he could do if he were the head coach of a college that could draw some major recruits.
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

squintsdd wrote:
JIDuck97 wrote:

I think that's a fairly accurate assessment. I wouldn't call it douche-bag syndrome though. I think he's just not going to cater to the media. He's going to tell it like it is, and he's not going to lose any sleep if people don't agree with him. I honestly find it a little refreshing to see a coach that's going to be his own person rather than someone people think he should be when on camera. That being said, I'd hate to see what he could do if he were the head coach of a college that could draw some major recruits.
Hope he doesn't go to USC...
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

And we finally introduced a quick pitch to the RBs. I’ve been wanting to see that all year.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

alxtw wrote:
squintsdd wrote:
JIDuck97 wrote:

Hope he doesn't go to USC...
Somehow, I can't see USC's elite boosters being satisfied with Leach... He'll never clean up as well as Petey.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Verdell is now leading the Pac-12 in rushing yards.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Almost makes one think this pistol has potential in the right hands...
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

squintsdd wrote:
JIDuck97 wrote:

He tells it like it is...from a douchebag's perspective.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

One thing I noticed about Verdell in this game is was using his vision more than in the past.
there were a few times where he actually cut and changed directions into a hole where in the past he would have just run straight into the Oline.
He also started breaking arm tackles - Great game by him!
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

JIDuck97 wrote:

I think it's amazing that WAZZU doesn't have an OC. Leach got tired of losing them every season, so he refuses to hire a new one.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

justducky0 wrote:One thing I noticed about Verdell in this game is was using his vision more than in the past.
there were a few times where he actually cut and changed directions into a hole where in the past he would have just run straight into the Oline.
For me I thought he looked like he trusted that the OL was going to create the hole so he hit everything hard rather than being apprehensive from the snap.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Duck07 wrote:
justducky0 wrote:One thing I noticed about Verdell in this game is was using his vision more than in the past.
For me I thought he looked like he trusted that the OL was going to create the hole so he hit everything hard rather than being apprehensive from the snap.
He’s always hit his assignment hard, it’s just he misses huge holes and cutbacks sometimes.