On Verdell's long run

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duckfan22
Senior

Re: On Verdell's long run

Post by duckfan22 »

it looked like he was hitting the hole much quicker and from the pistol no less.
it was a great game for him.
JIDuck97
Four Star Recruit

Post by JIDuck97 »

StevensTechU wrote:
squintsdd wrote:
JIDuck97 wrote:
rockthief wrote:Good topic and it belongs where more fans will see it. The word is road graded. Haha, I like it - "road graded another kitty". Nice!

I like Leech sometimes, but often I think there is something wrong in his head.
Leach suffers from douche-bag syndrome. He is insanely smart, runs a great offensive system that is incredible at exploiting a defense. He is a walking quote machine. He also throws people under the bus, is not nice, and backs people that are anti-humanity.

Leach is an incredible coach, funny and smart as all get out, and 2/3 of an actual person.
I think that's a fairly accurate assessment. I wouldn't call it douche-bag syndrome though. I think he's just not going to cater to the media. He's going to tell it like it is, and he's not going to lose any sleep if people don't agree with him. I honestly find it a little refreshing to see a coach that's going to be his own person rather than someone people think he should be when on camera. That being said, I'd hate to see what he could do if he were the head coach of a college that could draw some major recruits.
He tells it like it is...from a douchebag's perspective.

Exactly that.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Verdell didn't force the ball down the designed gap, but rather chose his spots how he saw them. That was number one. Number two, he made guys miss and broke tackles. So great to see.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Verdell apparently had a sort of "come to Geez" moment... "He shall run, and shall not grow weary..."

Well, if you ignore the shots of CJ on the sideline with his chest heaving after a couple of those spectacular runs.

Maybe he studied some Kenjon Barner video last week?

Maybe Cristobal should hire Jeremiah Johnson or Kenjon as "ANALYSTS".
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!