Be Ready For The Cristobal Rumors

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

wlduck
Sophomore

Be Ready For The Cristobal Rumors

Post by wlduck »

At a bare minimum Cristobal is going to show up on the media generated lists of possible coaches at SC and Florida State. At this point I would be surprised to see him have any interest in anything that wasn’t one of the top tier jobs in the country. If Urban declines SC it would not surprise me to see them make a hard push for Mario. After all he’s a big part of why they can’t keep recruits at home.
jimmy12
Senior

Re: Be Ready For The Cristobal Rumors

Post by jimmy12 »

Pay the man. He is worth it and he LOVES this team, school, state
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

jimmy12 wrote:Pay the man. He is worth it and he LOVES this team, school, state
I don’t disagree. Just saying the price of success is becoming a target.
wepto
Four Star Recruit

Post by wepto »

I will worry about Cristobal leaving when Saban retires. I really don't think he will jump ship to a program that requires an extensive rebuild, like FSU and USC. Everyone fawns over USC's talent, but they only have about 68-69 players on scholarship. Have you ever noticed that Cristobal beams with pride when he mentions that he got the Ducks up to 85? I doubt he takes over a team where he won't have a full roster for 2 whole years. Depth matters as much as average star rankings do, and it seems like Cristobal is well aware of that.
DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

He's not leaving.

/thread
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

No way we don't match any offer.
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

DmoneyDuck wrote:He's not leaving.

/thread
For the record I don’t think he is either. Just bracing for the rumors.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

His brother said that Mario is happier than he's ever seen him, and he loves Oregon. He doesn't see him leaving. That's all I need to read to not be worried.

Conversely Chips close friends all thought he would leave as soon as he had a shot, and he did.
whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

Well... let’s see what Cristobal says when the NFL comes knocking. Chip didn’t leave for USC/Texas, he left for the league. And he did his best to rep Oregon in the NFL. Cristobal seems like he loves the things that ran CK off (recruiting, playing nice with others, etc.), so hopefully he’d choose college over the NFL like Meyer, (others?).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

whosyourwally wrote:Well... let’s see what Cristobal says when the NFL comes knocking. Chip didn’t leave for USC/Texas, he left for the league. And he did his best to rep Oregon in the NFL. Cristobal seems like he loves the things that ran CK off (recruiting, playing nice with others, etc.), so hopefully he’d choose college over the NFL like Meyer, (others?).

Let’s hope he’s that successful.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

The nfl is a totally different beast. 90% of college only coaches fail in the NFL. And Mario has ties to 3 of the biggest flops in Dennis Erickson, Butch Davis .and Nick Saban
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

whosyourwally wrote:Well... let’s see what Cristobal says when the NFL comes knocking. Chip didn’t leave for USC/Texas, he left for the league. And he did his best to rep Oregon in the NFL. Cristobal seems like he loves the things that ran CK off (recruiting, playing nice with others, etc.), so hopefully he’d choose college over the NFL like Meyer, (others?).

Easy now, Mario is good for college because he is and elite recruiter. He hasn’t proven to be and elite coach by any means yet! We have been out coached multiple time but pulled off victories do to talent. The NFL isn’t even thinking about Mario right now
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Part of what drove Chip’s desire to coach in the NFL was his extreme dislike of recruiting. MC loves recruiting.

whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

brich75 wrote:

Easy now, Mario is good for college because he is and elite recruiter. He hasn’t proven to be and elite coach by any means yet! We have been out coached multiple time but pulled off victories do to talent. The NFL isn’t even thinking about Mario right now
Right there with you. My post was more in defense of Kelly leaving UO than to suggest Cristobal was NFL material.

squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:Part of what drove Chip’s desire to coach in the NFL was his extreme dislike of recruiting. MC loves recruiting.

Well, that and the "show cause" flag he had hanging over his head. He likely would've been suspended had he stayed at Oregon. What CK did is similar to what Pete Carroll did to USC.