Arizona @ #6 Oregon (Nov. 16, Sat 7:30 PM ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: Arizona @ #6 Oregon (Nov. 16, Sat 7:30 PM ESPN)

Post by greenyellow »

Ducks clinch the North with the 34-6 win.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Ducks hold Wildcats to about half of their total offense average.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

They were the #12 offense in the country according to the commentators. Good job shutting them down, D!
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Phenom wrote:They were the #12 offense in the country according to the commentators. Good job shutting them down, D!
Absolutely. Especially the fact the D had to prepare for two different QB’s. Great effort, great strategy. Avalos continues to impress, as do the players and their year over year improvements.
Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Post by Duckattack7 »

Woulda thought we won 10-9 with some of these comments sheeeeeesh guys
Return Of the Quack!
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Good:
Defense
Kayvon/Young
Justin Herbert throwing sideline routes. That throw must have traveled like 60 in the air to Juwan.
Punter/Punt coverage

Bad:
Mycah hurt
Kicking FG's on 4th and short deep in their territory is not a smart thing. Mario needs to knock that off.
FG/XP kicking
Offensive consistency.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

My turn to be negative after our ninth straight win.....

Ducks need to hold open tryouts for a place kicker
PAC 12 needs to hold open tryouts for refs
Cristobal needs to learn to pull Herbert earlier in the fourth before he gets Tua’d!

Nice win! Beavs making CW look like a tough game...
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Why is Herbert in? Herbert is the most confusing player in Oregon history and Cristobal is the most confusing coach in Oregon history. They’re a perfect match.
I guess Mario didn't see what happened in the Alabama game with the score almost identical...Why doesn't Uncle Phil pay somebody with a football IQ to babysit our head coach on the sidelines to make sure he doesn't constantly step on his dick about a wide variety of things including: in game coaching, calling "Ernie Kent" time outs and FFS, when to pull starters to keep them healthy and put subs in to get them experience and develop depth?
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

nogerO wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Why is Herbert in? Herbert is the most confusing player in Oregon history and Cristobal is the most confusing coach in Oregon history. They’re a perfect match.
I guess Mario didn't see what happened in the Alabama game with the score almost identical...Why doesn't Uncle Phil pay somebody with a football IQ to babysit our head coach on the sidelines to make sure he doesn't constantly step on his dick about a wide variety of things including: in game coaching, calling "Ernie Kent" time outs and FFS, when to pull starters to keep them healthy and put subs in to get them experience and develop depth?
Pretty bitter about a guy leading a team to a 9-1 record. I think Herbert will survive a couple of handoffs.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

The negativity of this forum by a few regulars is almost unbearable. If only Herbert was good enough to be a pro caliber QB, and the team was in the playoff hunt, if Herbert could have just thrown 4 TDs and 300+ yards last night, if we could be ranked in the top 10, if Mario could only assemble top talent and have this team within 12 seconds in our first game from an undefeated season... seriously, some of you are such whiners. PLEASE STOP with the ridiculous same rhetoric every single game. Bring something new to the discussion, PLEASE.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UofDuck wrote:The negativity of this forum by a few regulars is almost unbearable. If only Herbert was good enough to be a pro caliber QB, and the team was in the playoff hunt, if Herbert could have just thrown 4 TDs and 300+ yards last night, if we could be ranked in the top 10, if Mario could only assemble top talent and have this team within 12 seconds in our first game from an undefeated season... seriously, some of you are such whiners. PLEASE STOP with the ridiculous same rhetoric every single game. Bring something new to the discussion, PLEASE.
+1000. If I had to glean Oregon's record from the tone of most game threads, I'd assume Oregon was a sub-.500 team with a coaching staff close to being fired. The constant negativity from a handful of posters has got to stop.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

UofDuck wrote:The negativity of this forum by a few regulars is almost unbearable. If only Herbert was good enough to be a pro caliber QB, and the team was in the playoff hunt, if Herbert could have just thrown 4 TDs and 300+ yards last night, if we could be ranked in the top 10, if Mario could only assemble top talent and have this team within 12 seconds in our first game from an undefeated season... seriously, some of you are such whiners. PLEASE STOP with the ridiculous same rhetoric every single game. Bring something new to the discussion, PLEASE.
Yeah, the sad thing is that it's the regulars.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

greenyellow wrote:
+1000. If I had to glean Oregon's record from the tone of most game threads, I'd assume Oregon was a sub-.500 team with a coaching staff close to being fired. The constant negativity from a handful of posters has got to stop.
I only watched a scoring replay of the Memphis game so I thought we not only trailed all game long but had pulled off some miraculous upset at the very end. Instead we pretty much controlled Memphis all game long while making some early season mistakes that kept them in it.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Alan wrote:My turn to be negative after our ninth straight win.....

Ducks need to hold open tryouts for a place kicker
PAC 12 needs to hold open tryouts for refs
Cristobal needs to learn to pull Herbert earlier in the fourth before he gets Tua’d!

Nice win! Beavs making CW look like a tough game...

QBs are athletes too, they aren't china dolls. Why is everyone so concerned with pulling a QB nowadays? It wasn't like Herbert was running anything that put him in danger down the stretch.