Arizona @ #6 Oregon (Nov. 16, Sat 7:30 PM ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Merganzer
Senior

Re: Arizona @ #6 Oregon (Nov. 16, Sat 7:30 PM ESPN)

Post by Merganzer »

GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

The fact that we’ve held five teams without a TD is amazing. Six teams under seven points. This defense is just... Wow. Great pass rush last night, KT is already a monster I can’t imagine what he and Funa will be doing to QBs next year with another year of conditioning and development.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

GoDucksTroll wrote:The fact that we’ve held five teams without a TD is amazing. Six teams under seven points. This defense is just... Wow. Great pass rush last night, KT is already a monster I can’t imagine what he and Funa will be doing to QBs next year with another year of conditioning and development.
He could still end up with the numbers he's aiming for but I'm glad to see him play his role in the defense and not try to "cheat" for a big-play. The one play last night that stood out was a bull-rush he had to help close the pocket in on Tate and its that development of the basic tools you need to be great at that will allow him to start setting guys up for the advanced pass rush skills. It's been easy for me to remember that he's just a freshman but he's still been quite phenomenal and with time he's going to be a Beast.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Alan wrote:My turn to be negative after our ninth straight win.....

Ducks need to hold open tryouts for a place kicker
PAC 12 needs to hold open tryouts for refs
Cristobal needs to learn to pull Herbert earlier in the fourth before he gets Tua’d!

Nice win! Beavs making CW look like a tough game...

QBs are athletes too, they aren't china dolls. Why is everyone so concerned with pulling a QB nowadays? It wasn't like Herbert was running anything that put him in danger down the stretch.
I wanted to see Shough but not because I was afraid of Herbert breaking his hip, but because Arizona wasn't going to mount a comeback and I want to see the kid get as many reps as he can this year when we've got garbage time.
Bighonkingduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by Bighonkingduck »

UofDuck wrote:The negativity of this forum by a few regulars is almost unbearable. If only Herbert was good enough to be a pro caliber QB, and the team was in the playoff hunt, if Herbert could have just thrown 4 TDs and 300+ yards last night, if we could be ranked in the top 10, if Mario could only assemble top talent and have this team within 12 seconds in our first game from an undefeated season... seriously, some of you are such whiners. PLEASE STOP with the ridiculous same rhetoric every single game. Bring something new to the discussion, PLEASE.

This is so spot on! congrats!
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Where has Mase Funa gone?
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

StevensTechU wrote:Where has Mase Funa gone?
He played yesterday. Saw him making a play late in the game.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

StevensTechU wrote:Where has Mase Funa gone?
He was key in helping set the edge when Tate was in there. He also seems to be a good ST contributor.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

It’s one thing to vent during games, especially when we’re struggling in a tight game, but a significant portion of our fan base was spoiled rotten by the Chip years. And the rough Helfrich years weren’t enough to bring them back to planet earth. This season and what Cristobal has built in such a short time, out of a fairly big mess, is remarkable. And a bunch of Duck fans are completely missing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

buckmarkduck wrote:

Cristobal needs to learn to pull Herbert earlier in the fourth before he gets Tua’d!

QBs are athletes too, they aren't china dolls. Why is everyone so concerned with pulling a QB nowadays? It wasn't like Herbert was running anything that put him in danger down the stretch.
Yup! I stand corrected, why would the Ducks want to give Slough any game time reps when we are up by multiple scores in the fourth...... we can coach experience.......
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

It's interesting comparing the Kelly teams to this one. Last night the Ducks scored more points in the first 20 seconds than Arizona did in the entire game. 5 times the Ducks have held opponents to single digits. That is domination and nobody can call it gimmicky.
The offense hasn't been as efficient as has the defense, but:
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Include me in the list of people who want to see Herbert pulled and Shough put in when the game is well in-hand. It sort of reaks of wanting 'style points,' which I think we are better than. It isn't worth the risk, and there's much to gain from putting your potential future starter in to get meaningful reps.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

StevensTechU wrote:Include me in the list of people who want to see Herbert pulled and Shough put in when the game is well in-hand. It sort of reaks of wanting 'style points,' which I think we are better than. It isn't worth the risk, and there's much to gain from putting your potential future starter in to get meaningful reps.
"Style points" impressing the Committee. Those are the only reasons that Saban had Tua in yesterday's game at all. With Mississippi State yesterday & Western Carolina next week, Tua could have had two weeks off to heal up as much as he could before the "iron Bowl". But, to impress the committee, Tua played, now Alabama won't have him against Auburn, and instead of being one of the top picks in the NFL Draft, Tua will be a bit of a risk.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Merganzer wrote:It's interesting comparing the Kelly teams to this one. Last night the Ducks scored more points in the first 20 seconds than Arizona did in the entire game. 5 times the Ducks have held opponents to single digits. That is domination and nobody can call it gimmicky.
The offense hasn't been as efficient as has the defense, but:
That’s what’s funny about the Chip era fans who want 50+ points from our offense every game and absurd blowouts: This brand of football is better, more sustainable, and more respected by the college football world. The bane of Chip’s Oregon existence was teams that play our current brand of football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Alan wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:

Yup! I stand corrected, why would the Ducks want to give Slough any game time reps when we are up by multiple scores in the fourth...... we can coach experience.......
I guess we just don’t know what we’re talking about. WOOOOSH!
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine