Duck Fans: The LSU community supports you

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Geauxtigers93
High School Drop Out

Duck Fans: The LSU community supports you

Post by Geauxtigers93 »

We will all be big Oregon fans over the next 4 weeks. We would love a playoff matchup with you guys, and not because we think its an easy win. Justin Hebert and that offensive line would give our defense fits. It would be a shootout. We are just sick and tired of hearing the media pump up Alabama despite them playing an awful schedule. They have already back doored their way to two national championships. Please finish the job and win out. I don’t see how they can leave a 12-1 Oregon team out that would be on a 12 game win streak and have a win over Utah. Looking forward to our potential playoff matchup.
thebootfitter
One Star Recruit

Re: Duck Fans: The LSU community supports you

Post by thebootfitter »

Geauxtigers93 wrote:We will all be big Oregon fans over the next 4 weeks. We would love a playoff matchup with you guys, and not because we think its an easy win. Justin Hebert and that offensive line would give our defense fits. It would be a shootout. We are just sick and tired of hearing the media pump up Alabama despite them playing an awful schedule. They have already back doored their way to two national championships. Please finish the job and win out. I don’t see how they can leave a 12-1 Oregon team out that would be on a 12 game win streak and have a win over Utah. Looking forward to our potential playoff matchup.
I'm no big Alabama fan either, but regardless of how they made it into the playoffs, they were still good enough to beat the teams they played in the playoffs. Not sure you can knock them for that.

Congrats to LSU on the big win, though! It's fun to see good football and some other good teams challenge for the playoff spots!

(Now see what you can do to have LSU play NDSU for their "cupcake" FCS out of conference match-up sometime! I'd love an excuse to come tailgate down there!)
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Oregon and the Pac-12 as a whole is desperate for a win against a top SEC team or another powerhouse team like Ohio State. It would certainly be a fun matchup! Though as an Oregon fan I don't think Oregon would come out on top. Joe Burrow is the best QB in the nation and is just a big time player, he knows how to step up and shine in big moments. Plus he's consistent, those are two things Herbert hasn't figured out yet. I think in the end, LSU's offensive firepower would be too much for Oregon to overcome, and the final score would be like 38-27, but no doubt it'd be fun to play LSU in the playoffs!

As an Oregon fan, I'm just hoping for a Rose Bowl win at this point. I personally think a Rose Bowl win for Cristobal would be better than a playoff loss in the first round, especially since he's still rebuilding the program.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Geauxtigers93 wrote:We will all be big Oregon fans over the next 4 weeks. We would love a playoff matchup with you guys, and not because we think its an easy win. Justin Hebert and that offensive line would give our defense fits. It would be a shootout. We are just sick and tired of hearing the media pump up Alabama despite them playing an awful schedule. They have already back doored their way to two national championships. Please finish the job and win out. I don’t see how they can leave a 12-1 Oregon team out that would be on a 12 game win streak and have a win over Utah. Looking forward to our potential playoff matchup.
Nice to see you here. If you stick around, you'll likely see one of our mods (Bud Lee) is an LSU fan.
mrpd21
Five Star Recruit

Post by mrpd21 »

As a best friend of mine lives in BR and works at an LSU alum store, I have long had an affection for your team. Appreciate the kind words and thanks for dropping in! Always like having other fans hang out for a while, good to have outsider perspective.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

We will also be big LSU fans. Hopefully they can run through the SEC and knock off Georgia specifically
DuckDuckJuice
Two Star Recruit

Post by DuckDuckJuice »

Oregon should have had a chance against Notre Dame in 2012, but Bama got the nod over us even though our only loss was an overtime loss to Stanford that never would have went to overtime if it weren’t for a bad call. Oregon would have easily won that National Championship. PAC12 refs are just as much to blame as the BCS system though, and they haven’t improved.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

DuckDuckJuice wrote:
Oregon should have had a chance against Notre Dame in 2012, but Bama got the nod over us even though our only loss was an overtime loss to Stanford that never would have went to overtime if it weren’t for a bad call. Oregon would have easily won that National Championship. PAC12 refs are just as much to blame as the BCS system though, and they haven’t improved.
Oregon did not show up at all that game though, they have themselves to blame. There were countless mistakes that showed Oregon wasn’t focused at all, including Marcus. If DAT just stood in front of one defender, not even block the defender, Oregon probably would’ve won.
DuckDuckJuice
Two Star Recruit

Post by DuckDuckJuice »

DATs misses block was huge. Forgot about that.
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

His fumbles were equally bad... I think he fumbled twice in that game?