ASU Game

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

ASU Game

Post by EncinitasDuck »

Does anyone have an idea when we will get a start time for the ASU game? I thought they announced two weeks in advance but haven't seen anything.
Alan
Senior

Re: ASU Game

Post by Alan »

EncinitasDuck wrote:Does anyone have an idea when we will get a start time for the ASU game? I thought they announced two weeks in advance but haven't seen anything.
I think Clownzono was talking about it being a 7:30 start, he was talking with Preim and both saying how destructive that time is to the pac 12. But I may be wrong, he may have been talking about Arizona.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

EncinitasDuck wrote:Does anyone have an idea when we will get a start time for the ASU game? I thought they announced two weeks in advance but haven't seen anything.
The networks are using their 6-day option so they won't make a decision until Sunday or Monday of next week.
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

greenyellow wrote:
The networks are using their 6-day option so they won't make a decision until Sunday or Monday of next week.

ugggh, that is beyond irritating :evil:
pdxduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck »

During the CK era ABC tried to get ASU and UO on the 5:00 national game, and ASU refused to come off their preferred 7:30 kickoff. Said their fans preferred the late starts due to the heat.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

pdxduck wrote:During the CK era ABC tried to get ASU and UO on the 5:00 national game, and ASU refused to come off their preferred 7:30 kickoff. Said their fans preferred the late starts due to the heat.
Yeah, this time of year I'm not buying that. From a fan's point of view an earlier game would be damn near perfect temperature. A 7:30 kickoff would make it pretty cold by the time the game was over.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

squintsdd wrote:
pdxduck wrote:During the CK era ABC tried to get ASU and UO on the 5:00 national game, and ASU refused to come off their preferred 7:30 kickoff. Said their fans preferred the late starts due to the heat.
Yeah, this time of year I'm not buying that. From a fan's point of view an earlier game would be damn near perfect temperature. A 7:30 kickoff would make it pretty cold by the time the game was over.
You ever been to Tempe?
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
quackfu
One Star Recruit

Post by quackfu »

nogerO wrote:
squintsdd wrote:
You ever been to Tempe?
The low is forcasted to be in the upper 40's, I'll be there
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

nogerO wrote:
squintsdd wrote:
You ever been to Tempe?
Yes I have. My parents live in eloy Arizona. It's only an hour south
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

squintsdd wrote:
nogerO wrote:
squintsdd wrote:
You ever been to Tempe?
The high on Gameday is low to mid sixties
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

pudgejeff wrote:
squintsdd wrote:
nogerO wrote:
squintsdd wrote:
You ever been to Tempe?
Yes, which means that a game with a 7:30 start time will be in 40s, possibly upper 30s by the time the game is over. Temps drop fast there once the sun is down.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I’ve heard that ASU does typically prefer 7:30 kicks
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

squintsdd wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
squintsdd wrote:
nogerO wrote:
squintsdd wrote:
You ever been to Tempe?
Yes, which means that a game with a 7:30 start time will be in 40s, possibly upper 30s by the time the game is over. Temps drop fast there once the sun is down.
Sorry, my post was meant to be in support of your argument. My brother moved down there from oregon and 5 of us are heading down fot the game, he's angry we're bringing the Oregon weaher to him haha
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

According to OregonLive we have a 4:30 kickoff.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

rockthief wrote:According to OregonLive we have a 4:30 kickoff.
Yep. We got the 4:30 ABC primetime game.