If Oregon gets to the playoffs , I think we would win it all

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: If Oregon gets to the playoffs , I think we would win it

Post by Phenom »

LSU is like Oklahoma of the past couple of years.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

droop10 wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
OregonFan4Life wrote:
bigsugarduck wrote:I can't believe anyone would rather not be in the playoff than have a shot at winning it all....I have no idea how competitive it would be, but you got to be in it to win it you fools!
Normally I would agree, but I feel like Mario is still in the process of rebuilding the program and it isn't quite where he can get it to be yet. I personally feel like for the sake of recruiting, it'd be easier to sale a Rose Bowl win than a playoff loss, especially if that playoff loss was a blowout. But Mario seems like he would be able to recruit regardless so maybe you're right. Just how I personally see things is all.
Personally, I don't think either would sway a recruit's opinion, with the exception of perhaps Oregon winning it all. Recruits don't care about a non-playoff bowl win. However, here's what I could see making a difference. Imagine if you had the choice of going to an SEC school that doesn't even need to bother to go to their conference championship game to make the playoff, giving you a chance to win the only thing anyone really cares about, the national championship. Meanwhile, your other option is going to a school that can go undefeated in their conference, and still get left out of a chance to win it all. Which would you choose? One clearly has much better odds of winning the championship, because they actually get a chance to play in it. The Rose Bowl doesn't mean what it once did. Sure, it's a nice achievement for a team that was in the dumps a few seasons ago, but players will 10/10 rather have a chance in the playoffs than to win a meaningless bowl game.
That's a very good and persuasive point, I guess I just thought it'd be easier to claim "look we won the Rose Bowl, we were screwed out of the playoffs" than to sale a team that got blown out in the playoffs, but I didn't think of that perspective. Good point!
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I think LSU is fairly similar to our 2014 team. A dominant QB with great receivers that will score 40 on anyone. But a defense that sometimes plays well but other times is average
Duck4Ever
Three Star Recruit

Post by Duck4Ever »

Let us call what this "I'd prefer the Rose Bowl over CFP" crap is. It is pussification. Do you really think the players and the coaching staff share this extremely weak mentality? Is it a sign of mental toughness?
Duck4Ever
Three Star Recruit

Post by Duck4Ever »

lukeyrid13 wrote:I think LSU is fairly similar to our 2014 team. A dominant QB with great receivers that will score 40 on anyone. But a defense that sometimes plays well but other times is average
It is not a good defense at all. I really do think Oregon could beat LSU seeing as the defense is way better than Bama's. Bama is at best an average defense this year, and I do think Oregon's secondary plays well enough to limit Burrow and/or get a pick or two.
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Duck4Ever wrote:Let us call what this "I'd prefer the Rose Bowl over CFP" crap is. It is pussification. Do you really think the players and the coaching staff share this extremely weak mentality? Is it a sign of mental toughness?
De'Anthony Thomas agrees with you lol.
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I heard a Ducks media member, I want to say maybe Tyson Alger, discussing the 2014 season and the media coverage of Oregon vs the Rose Bowl years. He said ESPN and the likes were in town and reporting on Oregon non-stop from Dec - mid January. That would for sure be beneficial.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

lukeyrid13 wrote:I heard a Ducks media member, I want to say maybe Tyson Alger, discussing the 2014 season and the media coverage of Oregon vs the Rose Bowl years. He said ESPN and the likes were in town and reporting on Oregon non-stop from Dec - mid January. That would for sure be beneficial.
Yep. It’s not about swaying individual recruits, it’s about overall exposure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

I think Ohio State is the heavy favorite. They have Miami 2001 type dominance this season in terms of #'s and talent levels.

Hopefully they all go pro after this season winning it all.

Outside of Ohio State and maybe Clemson(hard to tell with their SOS), I do think we can beat anyone on a given day.
Duck4Ever
Three Star Recruit

Post by Duck4Ever »

GrantDuck wrote:I think Ohio State is the heavy favorite. They have Miami 2001 type dominance this season in terms of #'s and talent levels.

Outside of Ohio State and maybe Clemson(hard to tell with their SOS), I do think we can beat anyone on a given day.
Both Ohio St and Clemson have played no one so far. Beating Wisconsin is no biggie seeing as Ill beat them and defensively limited them. The ACC is a joke right now.

To say that Oregon couldn't beat them is premature to say the least. I think there's a good chance Ohio St drops a game before the playoffs.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

GrantDuck wrote:I think Ohio State is the heavy favorite. They have Miami 2001 type dominance this season in terms of #'s and talent levels.

One thing that is kind of nice about Ohio State being so good this year is that it takes some luster off of Meyer. Ryan Daye takes over, the starting QB is gone; this team is more dominant than any of Meyer's Buckeye teams.
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Unfortunately, Fields is only a true sophomore, so they will for sure have him at QB next year. You'd have to think Chase Young is 100% gone at least.