Are Oregon teams cursed

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Blazers-1977
Two Star Recruit

Are Oregon teams cursed

Post by Blazers-1977 »

It seems like whenever the Ducks or Blazers have a chance to win it all they choke ,Blazers in 2000,2019 and Ducks in 2012,2014,this year (we were robbed by the refs in 2010)
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: Are Oregon teams cursed

Post by OregonFan4Life »

In some ways this loss is a good thing. Really shows the holes and weaknesses on this team. This was never a playoff team anyways, I hoped Rose Bowl from the beginning which they can still win. They’ll have to overcome a lot but it’s still possible. I predicted 10-2 with losses to Auburn and ASU from the beginning of the season, so I really can’t be too bummed since I saw this coming a bit.

But this really shows how Oregon needs to improve if they want to win a national championship in the future. First thing Cristobal needs to do is find a new playcaller. He can keep Arroyo as co-OC and keep him in charge of recruiting and player development, but Oregon absolutely needs someone else to focus on play calling, offensive strategy, and QB coaching.
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

Not cursed just way over rated.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I think tonight Oregon showed that without key playmakers, their offense just doesn't work. Throw in what seems to be a lack of focus and execution and it was a dangerous mix tonight.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

You cant play piss poor and expect to win. You refuse to tackle. You don't pressure the quarterback. Your own quarterback makes horrible pass plays and going to lose just about every game. Oregon got exactly what they deserved by how they played. This is on the whole team. I would say 80% is on Herbert and his inexcusable play tonight though.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

They basically played like how they did against Cal but ASU has a credible offense that has made Oregon pay for their poor offense.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Maybe, but tonight wasn't an example of that.

IFO/all our WR's getting injured in 2014, DD in 2007, Boucher getting injured in hoops..those were curse like things.

This game, we just didn't play our best and had some poor coaching. ASU's passing offense had a really good night, so credit to them. Every time they had a guy open deep, Daniels hit them.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

"Cursed" is a joke. We have had more success these last two decades than anyone within a thousand miles. Very few teams get a one-loss season. It's fine to feel like s***, I sure do, but don't feel sorry for yourself. Better to be a Duck than a Beaver, Husky, Trojan, and anyone else in our conference.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Tray Dub wrote:"Cursed" is a joke. We have had more success these last two decades than anyone within a thousand miles. Very few teams get a one-loss season. It's fine to feel like s***, I sure do, but don't feel sorry for yourself. Better to be a Duck than a Beaver, Husky, Trojan, and anyone else in our conference.
Absolutely. This is one of those sickening games where your team played awful, the other team played great, and at the end, if your team had only been 97% dreck, they had a great chance of winning. The Ducks didn't deserve to win this one. But they did deserve all the others they won, and like Tray Dub said, that's more than any other team besides Utah
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

I commented to my son early in the game that if Oregon's D didn't start wrapping up ball carriers instead of expecting a shoulder bump to get the job done, it was going to be a long night.

I hate being right.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

mrpd21
Five Star Recruit

Post by mrpd21 »

Time the hell out. Think about where this team was the last 2 years. I did NOT expect them to get up to a #6 ranking and just one loss to this point. I think most all of us would have bought this allllllll day had we had the chance. This is building toward a super successful future. Sure the coaches need to learn and grow but all the elements are there. Can we just enjoy the season even amidst a loss or do we just need to all panic and cancel Christmas? I am disappointed as well but overall very satisfied with where the program is headed.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

mrpd21 wrote:Time the hell out. Think about where this team was the last 2 years. I did NOT expect them to get up to a #6 ranking and just one loss to this point. I think most all of us would have bought this allllllll day had we had the chance. This is building toward a super successful future. Sure the coaches need to learn and grow but all the elements are there. Can we just enjoy the season even amidst a loss or do we just need to all panic and cancel Christmas? I am disappointed as well but overall very satisfied with where the program is headed.
+1000. I think some fans have forgotten where this program was after the 2016 season. Poor recruiting resulting in bad roster construction, poor morale, and bad coaching moves led many to think this was going to be a long-term rebuild just to basic competitiveness. The fact they were even in contention for a playoff spot after having so much coaching and roster turnover shows that the right staff is likely in place to continue building Oregon back to legitimate conference and national contenders. I thought tonight was evidence that Oregon still doesn't have enough offensive depth to withstand multiple injuries to key playmakers/contributors and haven't quite gotten over the mental hurdles needed to take the best shots from every team they play.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

this team is nowhere near playoff talent which I think most people would say, so there no curse just not enough talent. Winning close games and not blowing teams out will lead to a more likely lost at some point if you play like that every game all season.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

The way Herbert played last night will cause a team to lose just about every game. To play that poorly and be a 4 yr starter is inexcusable. He needs to take ownership and show that it was on him and play a much better game. If he plays like did last night they will lose to Oregon State and Utah.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Wow I think someone on here is blaming Herbert for all the problems. Was he on D? Enough said. He didn’t play his best but neither did anyone else. To continually(in different threads) bash one player seems a tad overboard. Jmo