Herbert

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

JIDuck97
Four Star Recruit

Re: Herbert

Post by JIDuck97 »

Just an assumption from observation, but I thought Herbert looked like he might've been playing sick in the ASU game.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

StevensTechU wrote:I don't have the stats, but it seems Herbert is actually at his best when the pressure IS on. His worst throws seem to come in the first half of games, often with a clean pocket.

The second pick last night was a clear pass interference. I don't exactly put that on him. But overall, that may have been his worst day as a Duck, and if you're a fan who judges a player by their worst day, Lord have mercy on you.
This is exactly why I think it’s a confidence/mental issue. When he doesn’t have to think he is fantastic. He’ll make an unbelievably difficult throw one play and miss a wide open WR the next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:I don't have the stats, but it seems Herbert is actually at his best when the pressure IS on. His worst throws seem to come in the first half of games, often with a clean pocket.

The second pick last night was a clear pass interference. I don't exactly put that on him. But overall, that may have been his worst day as a Duck, and if you're a fan who judges a player by their worst day, Lord have mercy on you.
This is exactly why I think it’s a confidence/mental issue. When he doesn’t have to think he is fantastic. He’ll make an unbelievably difficult throw one play and miss a wide open WR the next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed. Forced to leave the pocket and throw on the run? Dude makes some unbelievable throws.

At one point during the uw game, he was 8/9 on 3rd down. He just didn't get into a rhythm in Tempe.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

rockthief wrote:That crucial 4th and 1 is still bothering me. Herbert needed to tuck the ball and run right up the middle. I don't know why he did not. Maybe he is afraid to run? That score would have been the game. Oh well, that is old and cold soup. Moving on to blasting Oregon State.
That one and the Auburn one both really sting. When a team crashes 11 on the RB, your QB has to keep the damn ball.

This and no QB sneak really piss me off, because Mario is being stubborn as hell.

I'm not saying we need to run Herbert 10 times a game, but 1-2 times a game to keep the defense honest, absolutely.