Some of you guys do realize........

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Alan
Senior

Some of you guys do realize........

Post by Alan »

The Ducks are 9-2 and still looking very good for a great bowl! Look and where we were just a couple of years ago...... maybe support the team the players and the coaches. Cristobal is the greatest thing that has happened to the Ducks since Kelly and the assistants as a whole are fantastic. Everyone has an off day, the Ducks just let down and underestimated ASU and it cost them..... 9-2! A great year so far!
rockthief
Senior

Re: Some of you guys do realize........

Post by rockthief »

yessir!
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Agreed. Overall 9-2 is great for this team. It will be disappointing if we fall down to say the Alamo bowl but if we finish 10-3 with a loss to Utah it’s still above expectations overall and setting a really good framework for the team moving forward.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

I think most people realize that. The disappointment has more to do with what a crap show last night was. If our one conference loss came in a close game @UW or @USC it would have made more sense. ASU is a bad football team though, as we saw in our near 5 minute comeback win, and we never should have lost that game. Fans are generally ok with hard fought losses but inexcusable, poor performances are harder to feel ok about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JIDuck97
Four Star Recruit

Post by JIDuck97 »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:I think most people realize that. The disappointment has more to do with what a crap show last night was. If our one conference loss came in a close game @UW or @USC it would have made more sense. ASU is a bad football team though, as we saw in our near 5 minute comeback win, and we never should have lost that game. Fans are generally ok with hard fought losses but inexcusable, poor performances are harder to feel ok about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would agree with everything on this post except for ASU being a bad football team. They have been very competitive in their losses. Rather than being bad, they were verging on being good.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

They played to win the game.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

For bragging rights purposes, I would rather suffer the loss we did at ASU than against another program.
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

StevensTechU wrote:For bragging rights purposes, I would rather suffer the loss we did at ASU than against another program.
Seriously, so much more palatable than losing to UW or OS (admittedly could still happen, though I don't expect it).
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Not only is 9-2 great, but we would have got destroyed in the playoffs, and I'm still not certain we beat Utah still.

So take what you can! But getting to the Rose Bowl would be sweet!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Not only is 9-2 great, but we would have got destroyed in the playoffs, and I'm still not certain we beat Utah still.

So take what you can! But getting to the Rose Bowl would be sweet!
Unfortunately, losing to ASU essentially makes it Rose Bowl or bust and the Cotton Bowl is out now. No way a 3 loss Oregon gets selected for a New Years 6 game.

However, if Utah makes the playoff, then Oregon in the Rose Bowl becomes very likely. So hopefully we beat the Utes or get absolutely demolished ;)
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I don't mind Oregon losing. It is disturbing that a 4 yr starter would play so piss poor. It is also disturbing that our pass defense was pretty much non existent. Those 2 factors alone will lose a football game a majority of the time.