Rose Bowl: #8 Wisconsin vs #6 Oregon (Jan. 1, Wed 2 PM ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: Rose Bowl: #8 Wisconsin vs #6 Oregon (Jan. 1, Wed 2 PM E

Post by greenyellow »

People need to quit taking personal shots at one another, no matter how subtle or obvious they may be. Just enjoy the win.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Anyone else following former Duck Nick Cody tweet himself out of a job tonight?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Duck24 wrote:Anyone else following former Duck Nick Cody tweet himself out of a job tonight?
Oh man, Nick. Making ducks everywhere look bad. Dude is from Brush Prairie too, probably grew up around lots of Husky fans.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

Duck24 wrote:Anyone else following former Duck Nick Cody tweet himself out of a job tonight?
What did he do? I just see a lot of arguing with uw fans but don't really want to scroll through all the crap lol
EDIT: I see I see, he's harassing someone wearing a UW shirt... Oh nick, why you really letting that get under your skin
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

What a fantastic win. Wiscy is a really, really good team. I honestly felt like they were the better team but we were the tougher team. Proud to be a Duck; to have a coach and team like we do.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Phalanx wrote:
Oh man, Nick. Making ducks everywhere look bad. Dude is from Brush Prairie too, probably grew up around lots of Husky fans.
Don’t get me wrong, Husky fans are the worst and I’d 100% banter with them if I was at the game and saw someone in a UW shirt, but I wouldn’t:

A) Film it.
B) Be admittedly shitfaced filming it and posting it on my personal twitter account.
C) Spend all night defending my terrible decision and not just enjoy the Rose Bowl victory.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

shoparound wrote: So everyone this year wanted him to run more...
so happy Arroyo is leaving
WHAT are you going to have to post about though?
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Duck24 wrote:
Phalanx wrote:
Don’t get me wrong, Husky fans are the worst and I’d 100% banter with them if I was at the game and saw someone in a UW shirt, but I wouldn’t:

A) Film it.
B) Be admittedly shitfaced filming it and posting it on my personal twitter account.
C) Spend all night defending my terrible decision and not just enjoy the Rose Bowl victory.
The whole thing looks awful. He is the ex-player, but he is following these kids and giving them a hard time as they are trying to walk away. There is probably a good time to bust out the rings (like Joe Montana to silence somebody's boasting), but following some kids who don't look like they were even engaging looks so freaking pathetic. Oy, Nick. You have to be better than this.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

Phenom wrote:
shoparound wrote: So everyone this year wanted him to run more...
so happy Arroyo is leaving
WHAT are you going to have to post about though?
Well I'd posting about how much more exciting and amazing the team is of course!
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

"We are a FAMILY".

CMC is all in.

Go Ducks!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

ducks finished second in country in rushing td's allowed, ninth in rushing yards ppg, second most int's and tenth in sacks. Great year on defense and should be better next year, hopefully Lenoir comes back cause I think Thomas is gone.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Quietduck wrote:Chip Kelly's offense led to Chip Kelly's defense. Actually, it was the offenses that dropped the ball more in those games rather than the defenses. Don't you remember having our O line manhandled in those games? We couldn't score enough to run away from those types of teams and we left our D on the field so long that they could only do so much. The fact of the matter is that Defense wins games and Chip Kellys offense weakened our defense. The fact is before this game we had a top 25 offense but people complain because it's not pretty enough for them.

I would have thought people.would stop buying that bad excuse for the way our D played under chip? This D was on the field today for 40 min, and gave up 17 points. 7 came from a kickoff return, 3 came from the INT.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Not that this matters a lot, but in watching the replay, I realized that Juwan's catch at the end had the ducks at first and goal with 1:03 left. One Herbert stiff-arm away from an 8-point victory.