Five Star Recruit

Re: OC Wish List

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

nogerO wrote:
duckfan22 wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
duckfan22 wrote:Ok if indeed he's the one now we get to learn
if Mario is going to let him actually run his offense
or tell him we run from the pistol and you can tweak it.

From what i've watched is he's likes the spread run from the
shot gun. His offense at Penn State was very good. I really hope
he has full run of the offense and calls the plays.
Rumor is Mario watched the natty, and saw how awesome LSU O is since they gave Brady control. He decided he could give full control to Moorhead.
That's a good rumor..hope its true...Mario is a great coach but likes to
have his hands in to much. With Mistro and he is the pistol guy would he
stay or go... if we run what Moorhead did at Penn State we will be lethal i think ..
And that really opens up the qb room.
That would be great, but, Mario is gonna be the offensive lineman he's always been and I'd find it hard for that big cat to change his stripes/spots. :(
That would be great, but, Mario is gonna be the offensive lineman he's always been and I'd find it hard for that big cat to change his stripes/spots. :(
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:
nogerO wrote:
duckfan22 wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:

Rumor is Mario watched the natty, and saw how awesome LSU O is since they gave Brady control. He decided he could give full control to Moorhead.
stay or go... if we run what Moorhead did at Penn State we will be lethal i think ..
I know for a fact he let Arroyo call the plays in game, and for the most part trusted him in games. So I'm not sure where the narrative came from that MC was somehow micro managing the offense during the games, but it's not true. Although I do know of one big play that Mastro called without telling Arroyo, and it worked for a TD. Arroyo was the stubborn coach who wouldn't adjust.

If you look at MA history, he just isn't a very good OC, and has been fired multiple times.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

buckmarkduck wrote:
DuckMastaFunk wrote:
nogerO wrote:
duckfan22 wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:

I know for a fact he let Arroyo call the plays in game, and for the most part trusted him in games. So I'm not sure where the narrative came from that MC was somehow micro managing the offense during the games, but it's not true. Although I do know of one big play that Mastro called without telling Arroyo, and it worked for a TD. Arroyo was the stubborn coach who wouldn't adjust.

If you look at MA history, he just isn't a very good OC, and has been fired multiple times.
exact same thing I have heard Buckmark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

For the love! How long does it take to sign a contract and put together a press release???
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:For the love! How long does it take to sign a contract and put together a press release???
if you have ever gone through the process of hiring anyone you would understand. There are many layers of checks and balances and when a contract is involved there's lawyers.

duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

lmduck wrote:
DuckMastaFunk wrote:For the love! How long does it take to sign a contract and put together a press release???
if you have ever gone through the process of hiring anyone you would understand. There are many layers of checks and balances and when a contract is involved there's lawyers.

Would not be shocked if something happens today... Today i believe is the last day
of the dead period and knowing this staff they want to be on planes going recruiting.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

lmduck wrote:

Thanks for the non-condescending response! :lol:
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

I fully expect Moorhead to be introduced by Cristobal at a press conference and Mario was in Omaha, NE last night for the Outland Trophy presentation dinner.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Does the Rooney Rule apply to coordinator-level positions? Was wondering if that might be the reason for the delayed announcement.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

pezsez1 wrote:Does the Rooney Rule apply to coordinator-level positions? Was wondering if that might be the reason for the delayed announcement.
It applies only to head coaching and athletic director jobs.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:
lmduck wrote:

Thanks for the non-condescending response! :lol:
My apologies, it was not intended to be condescending in anyway. I should have re-read it more carefully.

My point, which I obviously did not do a good job of making, is that the hiring process when contracts are involved takes a lot longer and based on past experiences no one will confirm anything till all the ink is dry.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

If this drags on beyond tomorrow morning, I'm going to start assuming a snag's been hit. I know contracts can be tricky, but this is a LONG delay.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

pezsez1 wrote:If this drags on beyond tomorrow morning, I'm going to start assuming a snag's been hit. I know contracts can be tricky, but this is a LONG delay.

We want MC to get this right. And he does more
Than us. Wrong hire and we don't take the next step.

If he's going to be patient in this process then so
Will I no matter how much it drives me crazy.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

pezsez1 wrote:If this drags on beyond tomorrow morning, I'm going to start assuming a snag's been hit. I know contracts can be tricky, but this is a LONG delay.
I agree, for being out on the mainstream media for the last two days....... something is up
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Cristobal has been out of town. Moorhead out of the area, too. And Oregon Athletic Director Rob Mullens was still traveling back to Eugene from the national title game this week. Mullens flight out of New Orleans was canceled on Tuesday. Contracts still need to be signed, is my hunch. So maybe that explains the delay.