OC Wish List

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Re: OC Wish List

Post by duckduckgoose »

duckfan22 wrote:
pezsez1 wrote:If this drags on beyond tomorrow morning, I'm going to start assuming a snag's been hit. I know contracts can be tricky, but this is a LONG delay.

We want MC to get this right. And he does more
Than us. Wrong hire and we don't take the next step.

If he's going to be patient in this process then so
Will I no matter how much it drives me crazy.
Interesting writing style! Haiku? Nope. Maybe a weird form of poetry?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

The delay in announcement in not unusual. I think it was perhaps when Willie was hired, the announcements for the assistants didn't go out for a while. Instead, the news leaked and they were out on the road recruiting. Didn't announce anything until they were back in town.
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

Is he out recruiting too?
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

lmduck wrote:
DuckMastaFunk wrote:
lmduck wrote:
DuckMastaFunk wrote:For the love! How long does it take to sign a contract and put together a press release???
if you have ever gone through the process of hiring anyone you would understand. There are many layers of checks and balances and when a contract is involved there's lawyers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the non-condescending response! :lol:
My apologies, it was not intended to be condescending in anyway. I should have re-read it more carefully.

My point, which I obviously did not do a good job of making, is that the hiring process when contracts are involved takes a lot longer and based on past experiences no one will confirm anything till all the ink is dry.
No worries LM. We're cool.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

maxduck wrote:Cristobal has been out of town. Moorhead out of the area, too. And Oregon Athletic Director Rob Mullens was still traveling back to Eugene from the national title game this week. Mullens flight out of New Orleans was canceled on Tuesday. Contracts still need to be signed, is my hunch. So maybe that explains the delay.
In a world where DocuSign and other digital document signing software have been widely accepted for a decade+, I can't believe that a contract is just sitting on Rob Mullen's desk waiting for him to get back and review it. My hunch is that something else is holding this up. I have no inside info, just a hunch.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

Just a thought on my part. If both Cristobal and Moorhead are out of town and not in the same place, they would probably wait til both are in the same place, likely Eugene. Does not mean the contract not been signed. I don't know, but way to many scenarios on either end that could explain this, The fact that Cristobal has not commented about it leads me to believe it is either a done deal and not been in the same place, or that he is not the guy.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

In a world where DocuSign and other digital document signing software have been widely accepted for a decade+, I can't believe that a contract is just sitting on Rob Mullen's desk waiting for him to get back and review it.
This.

If a contract hasn't been signed by this point, it's because there's an actual problem.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

Let the speculation and panic set in.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

For the record, nobody on here knows whether a contract has been signed or not. It's not a given that a release would happen immediately upon signing papers.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

StevensTechU wrote:For the record, nobody on here knows whether a contract has been signed or not. It's not a given that a release would happen immediately upon signing papers.
With all the social media outlets saying Moorhead is the guy,
we have not heard a peep from the athletic dept denying it.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Lol our admin is notorious for taking forever to announce signings publicly.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

pezsez1 wrote:If this drags on beyond tomorrow morning, I'm going to start assuming a snag's been hit. I know contracts can be tricky, but this is a LONG delay.
Avalos too almost 14 days to get signed. Fyi.