Badger fan in the house

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Wisky Dude
High School Drop Out

Badger fan in the house

Post by Wisky Dude »

Wanting to talk football. Ill answer yours you answer mine. Should be a great game, 31- 24 Badgers sounds about right.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Re: Badger fan in the house

Post by squintsdd »

Given that Oregon's OC is leaving, I'm gonna say 24-7 Wisconsin. Hope I'm wrong though
Wisky Dude
High School Drop Out

Post by Wisky Dude »

This is one of our advantages imo. Pass rushers coming from everywhere. Here the next Head coach of the Dallas cowboys talks about the Badger defense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKm6Da-Bx_Y
Last edited by Wisky Dude on Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wisky Dude
High School Drop Out

Post by Wisky Dude »

squintsdd wrote:Given that Oregon's OC is leaving, I'm gonna say 24-7 Wisconsin. Hope I'm wrong though
Had no idea he was leaving. That sucks. I would much rather play a team at full strength as its a greater indicator to where a team is at.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

squintsdd wrote:Given that Oregon's OC is leaving, I'm gonna say 24-7 Wisconsin. Hope I'm wrong though
Oh, ya'll love Arroyo now? :lol:
Wisky Dude
High School Drop Out

Post by Wisky Dude »

Have to change my original prediction. A new play caller up against that defense and that coordinator should favor Wisconsin even more. Call it 34- 20 Badgers.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Phenom wrote:
It would be possible to not be a big Arroyo fan and still think he was better than an empty chair. Then there is also a group of fans that remember thinking it was impossible to do worse than Don Pellum and along came Brady Hoke. Then there is a group of fans that thought Arroyo was really good.

So yes, with change comes uncertainty. For myself I don't have a clue how the offense will play in the Rose Bowl. I did have a ton of faith that our strong defense was going to shut down ASU's weak offense before that game.
DuckDuckJuice
Two Star Recruit

Post by DuckDuckJuice »

We don’t know who will call plays, but that’s not necessarily a negative. Calling plays wasn’t considered by most to being a strength for Arroyo.
DuckDuckJuice
Two Star Recruit

Post by DuckDuckJuice »

I haven’t been able to watch any Wisconsin games yet, but it sounds like you are more similar to Utah than any of our other opponents. A top 10 defense. A talented running back. Maybe a better OLine than Utah, but a qb who is a slightly less efficient passer and not as much of a runner as Huntley is. I’d love to hear a fans take though.

Just to compare the three teams:

Offense:
15. Oregon- 35.9
21.Wisconsin- 34.6
27.Utah- 34

Defense:
T5. Utah- 13.2
9. Oregon- 15.7
10. Wisconsin- 16.1

Only including Utah’s stats, because they are thought to be similar to Wisconsin.
Should be a good matchup.
DuckDuckJuice
Two Star Recruit

Post by DuckDuckJuice »

Follow @hythloday1 on twitter. He will put out a 7 game film review of Wisconsin, and he does an excellent job.
Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Post by Duckattack7 »

Utah Defense > Wisconsin, Wisconsin oline>Utah’s Oline. Without knowing who’s calling plays I’m still taking ducks 34-27 because if they can’t take the top off our defense it will be a long night ask Utah.
Return Of the Quack!
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

Phenom wrote:
I never had an issue with him home slice
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

In your handicapping subtract 3-7 points from Wisconsin's projected score if Troy Dye's club is off. While he was still one of our top 2 linebackers with the club on, there were a number of drive ending tackles he missed (particularly in the run game) that he would have normally made if he had 2 hands.

Also note that if the game comes down to a mascot dance contest we have you whooped.

lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I would be surprised if Wisconsin scores 35-38 points.

I think this game will be very similar to the Auburn game, 27-24 type of a game that's very physical on both sides.

Oregon has a surprisingly good defense that really tightens up in the red zone. I still think Taylor gets his and goes for 150 but we hold Wisconsin to 350 total yards.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

squintsdd wrote:
Phenom wrote:
I never had an issue with him home slice

He's calling the plays now.