Badger fan in the house

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

squintsdd
Sophomore

Re: Badger fan in the house

Post by squintsdd »

I love watching people argue over whose team is better in a matchup that hasn't been played yet, with no comparable opponents.
AutzenMember
Five Star Recruit

Post by AutzenMember »

Phalanx wrote:
jswede wrote:
Iowa 49 - USC 24

8-5 USC = Oregon’s best win

10-3 Iowa = Wisconsin’s 3rd best win
I mean, if you are arguing that the top of the Big 10 is better than the Pac 12, I totally agree with you. The problem for your team is that you drew Oregon, not the rest of the Pac 12. It really doesn't matter how USC did vs. Iowa at this point. Wisconsin has to play the Ducks.
This is spot on. Hard to find a comparison to predict the outcome of this game, which will make it fun to watch!
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I wonder if Badger fan is having some cognitive dissonance tonight, having watched Illinois lose to Cal by multiple touchdowns. :lol:
wepto
Four Star Recruit

Post by wepto »

Phalanx wrote:I wonder if Badger fan is having some cognitive dissonance tonight, having watched Illinois lose to Cal by multiple touchdowns. :lol:
Garbers didn't play against the Ducks. You aren't making a fair comparison. Come on.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

wepto wrote:
Phalanx wrote:I wonder if Badger fan is having some cognitive dissonance tonight, having watched Illinois lose to Cal by multiple touchdowns. :lol:
Garbers didn't play against the Ducks. You aren't making a fair comparison. Come on.
As if Garbers is some phenom...get real. The Ducks were missing big playmakers themselves. When has Cal relied on their offense the last couple of years? It has been their weak point.
wepto
Four Star Recruit

Post by wepto »

Everythingsducky wrote:
wepto wrote:
As if Garbers is some phenom...get real. The Ducks were missing big playmakers themselves. When has Cal relied on their offense the last couple of years? It has been their weak point.

Cal was 6-2 with Garbers and 1-3 without. Try to keep up.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

wepto wrote:
Everythingsducky wrote:
wepto wrote:

Cal was 6-2 with Garbers and 1-3 without. Try to keep up.
Not sure what Garbers sitting vs. the Ducks has to do with the price of tea in China. I'm responding to a Badger fan who appears to be married to the transitive property of sports and believes it will have some affect on the Rose Bowl that USC lost to Iowa. I just thought the fact that the team that beat Wisconsin just lost to a Pac 12 team might throw a monkey wrench into that paradigm.

Anyway, who else is ready for the actual game?
jswede
High School Drop Out

Post by jswede »

UofDuck wrote:
jswede wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
jswede wrote:
QuackininBama wrote:Wisconsin reminds me of the Ducks under Rich Brooks. They looked SO GOOD until they played a really good team, then they would get stomped. The Chip Kelly era brought national attention to the program and our recruiting skyrocketed bringing us RIGHT UNDER the great programs like Bama, Ohio St, LSU, Georgia, and Florida. I am not sure if we will EVER be able to complete on that stage due to Eugene being..........Eugene.

Wisconsin is right there in that 3rd tier. They are close and they sense it but until they get a "Chip Kelly" type of coach to elevate the program, they are stuck in that awkward stage of being "not quite good enough".

Ducks 35-27.
What’s a “really good team”? Wisconsin was within 3 in the 3rd Q the first time against Ohio St, and up 21-7 at half time the second time. They smoked #14 Michigan (9-3), and beat #16 Iowa (9-3) and #18 Minnesota (10-2). I don’t see any “stomping”, unless you are talking about the 2nd halves against the best team in the country. They beat 2 out of conference teams - Central Mich & Kent St, that are each going bowling - a combined 109-0.

You guys beat the fraud that is Utah (best win was vs a 7-5 team) and your next best win was 8-4 USC. Or maybe that was your best win.
This reads like something the other UW fans would say. Congrats on being close to aOSU, and then losing.
Iowa 49 - USC 24

Let’s try this again:
Wisky’s best win was over Michigan - currently ranked 14th.
O’s best win was over UT, currently ranked 11th.
Utah....... : :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
jswede
High School Drop Out

Post by jswede »

jswede wrote:
UofDuck wrote:
jswede wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
jswede wrote:
QuackininBama wrote:Wisconsin reminds me of the Ducks under Rich Brooks. They looked SO GOOD until they played a really good team, then they would get stomped. The Chip Kelly era brought national attention to the program and our recruiting skyrocketed bringing us RIGHT UNDER the great programs like Bama, Ohio St, LSU, Georgia, and Florida. I am not sure if we will EVER be able to complete on that stage due to Eugene being..........Eugene.

Wisconsin is right there in that 3rd tier. They are close and they sense it but until they get a "Chip Kelly" type of coach to elevate the program, they are stuck in that awkward stage of being "not quite good enough".

Ducks 35-27.
What’s a “really good team”? Wisconsin was within 3 in the 3rd Q the first time against Ohio St, and up 21-7 at half time the second time. They smoked #14 Michigan (9-3), and beat #16 Iowa (9-3) and #18 Minnesota (10-2). I don’t see any “stomping”, unless you are talking about the 2nd halves against the best team in the country. They beat 2 out of conference teams - Central Mich & Kent St, that are each going bowling - a combined 109-0.

You guys beat the fraud that is Utah (best win was vs a 7-5 team) and your next best win was 8-4 USC. Or maybe that was your best win.
This reads like something the other UW fans would say. Congrats on being close to aOSU, and then losing.
Iowa 49 - USC 24

Let’s try this again:
Wisky’s best win was over Michigan - currently ranked 14th.
O’s best win was over UT, currently ranked 11th.
Utah....... : :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This is hilarious. They needed the gift of gift penalty flags to get a first down on a pathetic 4th down attempt, on their seventh play inside the 10. What a team you guys beat! Lol
jswede
High School Drop Out

Post by jswede »

buckmarkduck wrote:
jswede wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
jswede wrote:

Ducks 35-27.

Iowa 49 - USC 24

I love when people drink and post. UO beat 11 win Utah.
I just hope Wisconsin can be as good as Texas... :lol: :lol: :lol:
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

This is hilarious, cause it’s not surprising at all. I was at the 2012 Rose Bowl and Wisconsin had one of the worst and most classless fan bases I’ve ever dealt with. Couldn’t believe the vulgar trash talk that came from those fans, and not just from the students too. Only fan bases that I’ve dealt with that might have been worse were LSU, Washington, and Washington State. It was hilarious and fun to hear their cries after the game about how the refs gave Oregon the win. I hope we hear similar cries tomorrow evening.
thegb2001
Three Star Recruit

Post by thegb2001 »

Phalanx wrote:
jswede wrote:
Iowa 49 - USC 24

I mean, if you are arguing that the top of the Big 10 is better than the Pac 12, I totally agree with you. The problem for your team is that you drew Oregon, not the rest of the Pac 12. It really doesn't matter how USC did vs. Iowa at this point. Wisconsin has to play the Ducks.

Lol yep. Bring it Wisconsin. Lets roll em today! usc, utah.
zoobadger
High School Drop Out

Post by zoobadger »

As always, when the Badgers play a very good opponent, it comes down to the Badgers OL vs opponent DL and then Wisconsin's QB play.

I'd feel better if Oregon had more obvious weaknesses on offense. I think the Badgers will move the ball and score more than Ducks fans expect, but I fear that the Badger D will give up too many big plays and come up a little short in the end.

I guess if I *had* to place a bet, I'd go with the Ducks. But no way would I voluntarily risk money on this game. As an ordinary fan I really have no idea how this will turn out. It might come down to officiating and luck, as it usually does when two equally matched teams meet in a big game.

I'm hoping the Badgers can prevail in the trenches. They rarely lose when they win at the point of the attack. Oregon looks stout, though, so that may be a vain hope.

Mostly, I regret lacking the money to fly out for the game! Hope everybody has fun in sunny Pasadena.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

zoobadger wrote:As always, when the Badgers play a very good opponent, it comes down to the Badgers OL vs opponent DL and then Wisconsin's QB play.

I'd feel better if Oregon had more obvious weaknesses on offense. I think the Badgers will move the ball and score more than Ducks fans expect, but I fear that the Badger D will give up too many big plays and come up a little short in the end.

I guess if I *had* to place a bet, I'd go with the Ducks. But no way would I voluntarily risk money on this game. As an ordinary fan I really have no idea how this will turn out. It might come down to officiating and luck, as it usually does when two equally matched teams meet in a big game.

I'm hoping the Badgers can prevail in the trenches. They rarely lose when they win at the point of the attack. Oregon looks stout, though, so that may be a vain hope.

Mostly, I regret lacking the money to fly out for the game! Hope everybody has fun in sunny Pasadena.
Welcome, glad to see a Wisconsin fan come here and be cordial! This is certainly a game I wouldn’t want to bet on. This really could go either way. I think the biggest key will be Herbert. Sometimes Herbert looks amazing, like an NFL Star, then the next minute he looks like a below average college QB. It will help Herbert that Oregon’s receiving core will be fully healthy which has been rare this season, but he needs to be consistent today. I’m not sure how well Oregon’s slightly undersized DLine will do against the Badger run game. I think you’re right, both teams have great defense but they don’t match up well against each other’s offenses, so I also see some more points scored this game than people expect. If Herbert is on and Arroyo doesn’t get way too conservative in his last game at Oregon, then I think both teams score in the 30’s. Otherwise, this could be a Wisconsin blowout.
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

What do the Ducks have to do to win? As Johnny Wooden said at half time of a BB game with the Ducks, "Score more points than they do." Doesn't matter how.