Badger fan in the house

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Lakesbison
One Star Recruit

Re: Badger fan in the house

Post by Lakesbison »

are you bringing your sister from fond du lac...? oops sorry. cousin?
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

jswede wrote:
UofDuck wrote:
jswede wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
jswede wrote:
QuackininBama wrote:Wisconsin reminds me of the Ducks under Rich Brooks. They looked SO GOOD until they played a really good team, then they would get stomped. The Chip Kelly era brought national attention to the program and our recruiting skyrocketed bringing us RIGHT UNDER the great programs like Bama, Ohio St, LSU, Georgia, and Florida. I am not sure if we will EVER be able to complete on that stage due to Eugene being..........Eugene.

Wisconsin is right there in that 3rd tier. They are close and they sense it but until they get a "Chip Kelly" type of coach to elevate the program, they are stuck in that awkward stage of being "not quite good enough".

Ducks 35-27.
What’s a “really good team”? Wisconsin was within 3 in the 3rd Q the first time against Ohio St, and up 21-7 at half time the second time. They smoked #14 Michigan (9-3), and beat #16 Iowa (9-3) and #18 Minnesota (10-2). I don’t see any “stomping”, unless you are talking about the 2nd halves against the best team in the country. They beat 2 out of conference teams - Central Mich & Kent St, that are each going bowling - a combined 109-0.

You guys beat the fraud that is Utah (best win was vs a 7-5 team) and your next best win was 8-4 USC. Or maybe that was your best win.
This reads like something the other UW fans would say. Congrats on being close to aOSU, and then losing.
Iowa 49 - USC 24

8-5 USC = Oregon’s best win

10-3 Iowa = Wisconsin’s 3rd best win
Let’s try this again:
Wisky’s best win was over Michigan - currently ranked 14th.
O’s best win was over UT, currently ranked 11th.
Utah....... : :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some things to consider about the Utah loss:

#1. Oregon set the blueprint on how to beat Utah. Most teams on Utah's schedule couldn't have done what Oregon did. Texas could.

#2. Which leads to my next point. Texas is loaded with talent. One of the 2 best 5 loss teams in the country, along with Texas A&M.

4 of Texas 5 losses came to Oklahoma (twice), Baylor, and LSU. (The other was against TCU)

My point is that, had Utah played Texas before Oregon did, the result may have remained the same, but it would have likely have been a much more competitive game. Don't look at how bad Utah was. Look at how good Texas really was.
John 3:36
Bigwaved
Four Star Recruit

Post by Bigwaved »

jswede wrote:
I just hope Wisconsin can be as good as Texas... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nope.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

OregonFan4Life wrote:This is hilarious, cause it’s not surprising at all. I was at the 2012 Rose Bowl and Wisconsin had one of the worst and most classless fan bases I’ve ever dealt with. Couldn’t believe the vulgar trash talk that came from those fans, and not just from the students too. Only fan bases that I’ve dealt with that might have been worse were LSU, Washington, and Washington State. It was hilarious and fun to hear their cries after the game about how the refs gave Oregon the win. I hope we hear similar cries tomorrow evening.
Prophetic post.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

UO owns Wisconsin in all sports.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Phalanx wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:This is hilarious, cause it’s not surprising at all. I was at the 2012 Rose Bowl and Wisconsin had one of the worst and most classless fan bases I’ve ever dealt with. Couldn’t believe the vulgar trash talk that came from those fans, and not just from the students too. Only fan bases that I’ve dealt with that might have been worse were LSU, Washington, and Washington State. It was hilarious and fun to hear their cries after the game about how the refs gave Oregon the win. I hope we hear similar cries tomorrow evening.
Prophetic post.
This has been my year for predictions.
Bighonkingduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by Bighonkingduck »

Have we heard the last from Jswede? :D
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Bighonkingduck wrote:Have we heard the last from Jswede? :D
The last anyone heard from him, he was in the fetal position in the corner of his bedroom muttering that Minnesota, who lost to Wisconsin, beat Auburn, who beat the Ducks, therefore the Badgers are five touchdowns better than the Ducks.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Phalanx wrote:
Bighonkingduck wrote:Have we heard the last from Jswede? :D
The last anyone heard from him, he was in the fetal position in the corner of his bedroom muttering that Minnesota, who lost to Wisconsin, beat Auburn, who beat the Ducks, therefore the Badgers are five touchdowns better than the Ducks.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Now that was a good one! Legit made me laugh out loud which is rare!
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Transitive property, strong with this one is...
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!