chapelhillduck
Senior

Graham doesn’t get first or second round NFL draft eval

Post by chapelhillduck »

GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Re: Graham doesn’t get first or second round NFL draft eval

Post by GoDucksTroll »

His comments made me think Graham was going to enter the draft, so we’ll see. I was a bit surprised Faoliu asked for an eval.
duck541
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck541 »

Neither did Jordon Scott, and I assume Lenoir is in the same boat. Which is not surprising, all are probably 3-5th round guys. The question is are they happy with that draft grade and do they think they can improve grade with another year of college ball.

Scott plays a position where he won't ever wrack up stats, and his biggest weakness in the NFL's eyes (his heigh/length) is never going to change. I would love to see him come back but I think it's probably in his best interest to go now.

I get the sense that Graham feels like there isn't a lot left to prove at Oregon, and he seems like a good to not great athlete which limits his ceiling. If he feels like he has a mid round guarantee I think he's gone. Personally I think he might be best suited to play FS in the NFL.

Lenoir is a great athlete, but he's still finding his coverage instincts and IMO has the best chance of raising his draft stock by returning. He's also really young for a JR, so even if he comes back for his SR season he'd still only be 21 when he's drafted.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

duck541 wrote:Neither did Jordon Scott, and I assume Lenoir is in the same boat. Which is not surprising, all are probably 3-5th round guys. The question is are they happy with that draft grade and do they think they can improve grade with another year of college ball.

Scott plays a position where he won't ever wrack up stats, and his biggest weakness in the NFL's eyes (his heigh/length) is never going to change. I would love to see him come back but I think it's probably in his best interest to go now.

I get the sense that Graham feels like there isn't a lot left to prove at Oregon, and he seems like a good to not great athlete which limits his ceiling. If he feels like he has a mid round guarantee I think he's gone. Personally I think he might be best suited to play FS in the NFL.

Lenoir is a great athlete, but he's still finding his coverage instincts and IMO has the best chance of raising his draft stock by returning. He's also really young for a JR, so even if he comes back for his SR season he'd still only be 21 when he's drafted.
There is no grade after the 2nd round. They either get a 1st or 2nd round grade, or told they should return to school
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

If I had to bet right now, I think Scott and Lenoir leave early. I just hope at least one of Graham and Lenoir stays to play alongside Wright next year. If both stay, our secondary will be loaded.
My thoughts:
- Lenoir is a 4th rounder this year but could elevate to early 2nd if he stays.
- Graham is a 6th-7th rounder now
- Scott someone will take a flyer in 7th
- Faoliuo is UDFA and playing in Canada if he leaves this year IMO
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

It was Scott's first championship in football ever.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

lukeyrid13 wrote:If I had to bet right now, I think Scott and Lenoir leave early. I just hope at least one of Graham and Lenoir stays to play alongside Wright next year. If both stay, our secondary will be loaded.
My thoughts:
I think Faoliu is a better NFL prospect than Fat Mac. He’s got more length, and can play 3-4 DE and 4-3 DT. But Faoliu would definitely benefit from another year.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

lukeyrid13 wrote:If I had to bet right now, I think Scott and Lenoir leave early. I just hope at least one of Graham and Lenoir stays to play alongside Wright next year. If both stay, our secondary will be loaded.
My thoughts:

Scott is a less effective, less athletic and shorter arm vs of Puna Ford. Who was the big 12 DPOY as a Sr, and went undrafted.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Jordon isn't going to improve his draft stock, but he might stick as a UDFA somewhere. If that's his dream)Seems to be), it doesn't matter that he goes undrafted, so long as he gets a camp invite(he will).