Wisconsin breakdown

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Wisconsin breakdown

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I watched a bit of tape on Wisconsin (not Hythloday level) and had some thoughts

To those saying they're like Utah, I wish they were like Utah. Utah's O-line was incredibly average, Wisconsin has a much better O-line

Offense:
Overall, they run a ton of jumbo sets with either 6 down lineman or 2-3 tight end sets. Very rarely will you see 3 wideout sets. They run a lot of motion out of their sets and will shift 2-3 players pre snap to shift the lines. More often than not, it's going to Taylor but they force you to read the QB as well as a motion back/WR on most plays. While not athletic their O-line is large and strong.

Defense:
Mostly run a 2-4-5. Strength of their defense is the LBs who are probably the best group we have faced.

QB - Coan is a deceptive runner. Doesn't keep it much but can burn you if you crash hard on a zone read. He doesn't throw deep and if he does it's only to 87- Cephus. Almost all passes are on quick slants, usually on RPOs

RB - Taylor - He good. Zach Moss plus elite speed. Probably best RB we have faced since Bush in 05. Better than other Doak winners: Bryce Love, Gearhart, Montee Ball

WR - Pretty much just 87 Cephus. They run a lot of jet sweep motions to force you to play the edges but don't hand it off too often. Very simple route trees with mostly

TE - Great blockers. Don't throw to them much but imagine 2-3 Kampmoyer's out there eating up LBs every play

O-line - Big and strong. Much better than Utah's line. They may get beat around the edges but you can't play too wide as Taylor will just cut inside the gap for a long gain

D-line Mostly a 2 man front. They're decent but mostly just eat up blocks for their LBs to make plays

LB - Strength of the defense. They have great speed and instincts. #56 Baun is an elite edge rusher who has great speed and strength. He's fairly similar to KT just doesn't play with his hand in the ground. Their other LBs are great at blitzing and running delayed stunts. I think we'll see at least 2-3 sacks from their LBs both from great play and good use of disguised blitzes

DB - Good not great. Almost always play with a 5 man nickel based defense. They have great instinct at assessing plays and crashing hard. Good tacklers overall. Their coverage skills are a bit lacking and they're susceptible to overplaying the run on Play Action and RPOs.

Overall, I actually don't think we have played anyone similar to Wisconsin this year. Auburn's D-line was far superior to Wisconsin but their LBs aren't as good. We will need to wrap up Taylor whenever possible and force them to pass. Our LBs need to be patient and not overrun plays, that's where Taylor will kill you with cutbacks and elite speed. D-line needs to maintain gap integrity and not leave holes open.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Re: Wisconsin breakdown

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

Thanks for the analysis Lukeyrid13. This is going to be a tough game.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Wisconsin breakdown

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Yeah good breakdown. I'm hoping we can get a few deep balls going. Wisconsin's secondary isn't great.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13