NDSU scouting the Ducks @ Rose Bowl

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

thebootfitter
One Star Recruit

Re: NDSU scouting the Ducks @ Rose Bowl

Post by thebootfitter »

Looks like it will be the Rose Bowl Champions against the NCAA Division I Champions for the first game next year! Can't wait!!!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
wepto
Four Star Recruit

Post by wepto »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idp07g-Z_JY

Extended highlights of the FCS championship game. NDSU has a scary QB.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

thebootfitter wrote:Looks like it will be the Rose Bowl Champions against the NCAA Division I Champions for the first game next year! Can't wait!!!

Congrats on the championship.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Congrats and good luck. I don't htink the team overlooks ya'll.
Lakesbison
One Star Recruit

Post by Lakesbison »

the question is.... did you scout NDSU today? you better

128 - 8. natty titles. & QB that has 28 tds 0 ints and 14 rushing tds w 1000+yards
UofO8
Senior

Post by UofO8 »

Lakesbison wrote:the question is.... did you scout NDSU today? you better

128 - 8. natty titles. & QB that has 28 tds 0 ints and 14 rushing tds w 1000+yards
lol
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

I don’t think any of us scouted them, because the coaches don’t care to hear our input.
DuckDuckJuice
Two Star Recruit

Post by DuckDuckJuice »

Duck07 wrote:
GrandpaDuck wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
Everythingsducky wrote:Good luck going up against what may be the best defense the Oregon Ducks have EVER fielded next year. Good luck with that. If you can’t score, you can’t win.
There will be a game that we win next season in which the defense and special teams will outscore the offense and we'll all be okay with it.
I am betting you're right.

My expectations for the offense are low. I do think with the right OC and with average or better Center play we could blow those low expectations away. I also think a non cohesive, inexperienced O-Line has the potential to handcuff even a good OC and QB.

I bet we win 7 games next year even if the offensive points per game drop 25%. The defense should be that good.
11-1 regular season seems more possible to me than 7-5.
The defense is going to be too good next year to lose 5 games. Our toughest road game is Cal. Factor in coaching changes at a few schools that would usually be expected to challenge us. I believe the floor is much higher. We still need to hire an OC, but I’m expecting an upgrade. Non conference schedule is the toughest I’ve seen in a while though,
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

Not to be disrespectful of your team, but nearly all of those numbers were put up against FCS competition. Yes, NDSU has had a few upsets over the years. But you can be 100% certain that Oregon won't be overlooking them, especially with Ohio State coming up the following week. The NDSU game is already a "must win" for Oregon, otherwise they could possibly be eliminated from playoff contention 2 games into the year.

I've watched the Bison play a couple times this year and they've been impressive. They can impose their will with a solid run game, and they have a QB that's a play maker with his arm and his feet.

I just don't see them running the ball consistently against the Oregon defense. The Ducks have too much depth. Your QB will also be under more pressure than he'll have faced in his career. If the Ducks stuff the running game, you guys will struggle.

I think the real key will be the Oregon offense. If they can maintain time of possession and score on long drives, the Bison defense will wear down in the second half and the Ducks can pull away.
John 3:36
thebootfitter
One Star Recruit

Post by thebootfitter »

SuperDuck wrote:

Not to be disrespectful of your team, but nearly all of those numbers were put up against FCS competition. Yes, NDSU has had a few upsets over the years. But you can be 100% certain that Oregon won't be overlooking them, especially with Ohio State coming up the following week. The NDSU game is already a "must win" for Oregon, otherwise they could possibly be eliminated from playoff contention 2 games into the year.

I've watched the Bison play a couple times this year and they've been impressive. They can impose their will with a solid run game, and they have a QB that's a play maker with his arm and his feet.

I just don't see them running the ball consistently against the Oregon defense. The Ducks have too much depth. Your QB will also be under more pressure than he'll have faced in his career. If the Ducks stuff the running game, you guys will struggle.

I think the real key will be the Oregon offense. If they can maintain time of possession and score on long drives, the Bison defense will wear down in the second half and the Ducks can pull away.
Good post. I think this is probably a good assessment. (Minus the Bison defense wearing down. I don't see that happening.)