Herbert’s run game should have been utilized more

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Blazers-1977
Two Star Recruit

Herbert’s run game should have been utilized more

Post by Blazers-1977 »

I think the Rose Bowl showed that Herbert’s run game should have been utilized far more as his run game is what won us this game . I think if they gave him the green light to run more , the Ducks could have gone undefeated this season .
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Re: Herbert’s run game should have been utilized more

Post by karlhungis »

Before the end of this year, his injury rate was pretty high on his runs. I understand the coaches reservations. While we could have gone undefeated, we also could have lost a lot more games if he got injured.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

Cristobal said he had the green light to run anytime. I think it is Herbert merely thinking of the money in NFL that kept him from running. As mentioned he had been hurt few times running the ball before. I don't think it is on any of the coaches.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Lamar Winston also had a quote saying the players have been telling Justin to run it all year long. I think the NFL money and the fumble against Auburn were the main deterrents to Justin running all year long.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Lamar Winston also had a quote saying the players have been telling Justin to run it all year long. I think the NFL money and the fumble against Auburn were the main deterrents to Justin running all year long.
And the two significant injuries he's sustained running the ball.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

karlhungis wrote:Before the end of this year, his injury rate was pretty high on his runs. I understand the coaches reservations. While we could have gone undefeated, we also could have lost a lot more games if he got injured.
This. Plus if he ran more, it would probably have been more apart of opponent's game plan, hindering his run game production.

However even if he kept the ball 2-3 times on the read options, that would have been very effective, and is something we could have really use this year... So Agreed!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13