End of the Rose Bowl

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

chapelhillduck
Senior

End of the Rose Bowl

Post by chapelhillduck »

Can’t help thinking that, at the end of the game when we had to run out the clock, that the coaches called one of their best series of plays all year. Also can’t help thinking that the end of the game Auburn loss affected the end of game Rose Bowl playcalling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Re: End of the Rose Bowl

Post by pezsez1 »

I actually read a quote from Johnson that he didn't follow the play. He said he was supposed to run downfield and try to get open, and instead he just stopped and called for the ball because he felt he could get the first down.

“It was honestly a play call just to get the defense to jump,” Johnson said. "I kind of broke the rule; I kind of just did my own thing. Justin saw me and he threw it to me and I was just being a ballplayer and I made things work.

“I was supposed to run down the field and get open; kind of like playing backyard football to be honest. I just sat there and I just wanted the ball. I got it and I did what I try to do: do my best.”

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2020/0 ... l-win.html

Thank goodness we won. I'm imagining the page of Arroyo's playbook with the BEST PLAY for needing just 3 yards to win a Rose Bowl, and instead of schematics/strategy it's just a blank page with "run around and get open" on it.
Willie Taggart is a dick.