Aerial Photo of B-2 Stealth Bomber Flyover at Rose Bowl Game

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

photopilot
High School Drop Out

Aerial Photo of B-2 Stealth Bomber Flyover at Rose Bowl Game

Post by photopilot »

Hi all!

First off, congratulations!!

We were up above the game yesterday and took some photos (and a video) of the B-2 flying over the stadium. Just wanted to share one of the photos with you.

Hope you enjoy the photo and Happy New Year!!

Cheers,
Steve

PS. More photos here: https://www.markholtzman.com/Sports/Foo ... l-OU-vs-UW

greenyellow

Re: Aerial Photo of B-2 Stealth Bomber Flyover at Rose Bowl

Post by greenyellow »

Absolutely love topview shots of flyovers of stadiums, especially with the B-2 bombers over the Rose Bowl.
JIDuck97
Four Star Recruit

Post by JIDuck97 »

Biggus Duckus wrote:Very cool! What sort of security measures have to be taken to fly a civilian craft above a B-2 bomber?

(That's an embarrassing amount of red in the stands)
Shot is likely from the Goodyear blimp that was flying over the entire game.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

Biggus Duckus wrote:Very cool! What sort of security measures have to be taken to fly a civilian craft above a B-2 bomber?

Wasn’t the red caused by red placards being held by all the fans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

duckduckgoose wrote:

Wasn’t the red caused by red placards being held by all the fans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was, as the crowd was given placards to hold up so the stands resembled the American flag during the national anthem. You can see the faint sea of blue and white stars in the bottom part of the stadium.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

Biggus Duckus wrote:Oh I see it now. The Oregon side looked greenish, but it's actually blue with white stars.
My guess is it was 55% Wisconsin to 45% Oregon. Wisconsin always travels well.
photopilot
High School Drop Out

Post by photopilot »

Thanks @greenyellow! It a very different perspective from above :) I was curious if you could see the stars and stripes from the ground or if that was done just for us?

@Biggus Duckus - Thanks! We were pre-approved to be in the airspace. Pasadena PD was coordinating with the FAA and USAF and gave us our own airspace around 4,000-ft (we were above the Goodyear Blimp and below the FBI plane).

@JIDuck97 - The shot isn't from the Goodyear Blimp (they got out of the way before the B-2 got there).

Here is a little video I took of the flyover
JIDuck97
Four Star Recruit

Post by JIDuck97 »

photopilot wrote:Thanks @greenyellow! It a very different perspective from above :) I was curious if you could see the stars and stripes from the ground or if that was done just for us?

@Biggus Duckus - Thanks! We were pre-approved to be in the airspace. Pasadena PD was coordinating with the FAA and USAF and gave us our own airspace around 4,000-ft (we were above the Goodyear Blimp and below the FBI plane).

@JIDuck97 - The shot isn't from the Goodyear Blimp (they got out of the way before the B-2 got there).

Here is a little video I took of the flyover
Very cool. Thank you. :D
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

I’m sure everyone saw that the B-2 was being flown by former Duck Nick Reed. Very cool.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

wlduck wrote:I’m sure everyone saw that the B-2 was being flown by former Duck Nick Reed. Very cool.
He wasn't flying it; he was coordinating the flights over the Rose Bowl Parade and Game from the ground.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

greenyellow wrote:
wlduck wrote:I’m sure everyone saw that the B-2 was being flown by former Duck Nick Reed. Very cool.
He wasn't flying it; he was coordinating the flights over the Rose Bowl Parade and Game from the ground.
The broadcast crew and guys said he was one of the two pilots, the other being a female and she was the first female to do???. I sure sounded like he was flying.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Alan wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
The broadcast crew and guys said he was one of the two pilots, the other being a female and she was the first female to do???. I sure sounded like he was flying.
They were wrong as the planes were flying in from Whiteman AFB in Missouri on gameday while Reed was on the ground in CA:
https://www.nbcsports.com/northwest/ore ... wl-flyover
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

greenyellow wrote:
Alan wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
They were wrong as the planes were flying in from Whiteman AFB in Missouri on gameday while Reed was on the ground in CA:
https://www.nbcsports.com/northwest/ore ... wl-flyover
Still pretty cool. The broadcast did say he was flying it.