Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Mastro and Wilson back to WSU?

Post by UOducksTK1 »

maxduck wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:Both are very replaceable, IMO. Just don't let them take Big Joe.
Ken Wilson was important in landing Noah Sewell, Keith Brown and Justin Flowe. Not sure I call that easily replaceable.
Agreed! And I'd think he'd want to stay to coach those dudes too!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

buckmarkduck wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Of the assistants, I'd say Wilson, Donte Williams, and Heyward have been the best recruiters on the staff the past couple of classes. Mastro did step up on the recruiting trail after Arroyo left but he's not exactly been a dynamite recruiter so far. Still think recruiting at the offensive skill positions has been lacking when compared to the defensive side of the ball.
Agreed, it was looking like Bouknight might be a pretty good recruiter but he lost Wilson to ASU. Verdict is still out on him in regards to recruiting, but no doubt he was an upgrade from before!

Haha. Now I know people are just going with their gut feelings. Bough is a crap recruiter, and he lost Wilson by not staying in contact. The other WR commits was thanks to Heyward. Mastro is probably are 3rd most important assistant. Losing him would be a big loss.
Before Bouknight our receivers couldn’t catch a damn ball.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Of the assistants, I'd say Wilson, Donte Williams, and Heyward have been the best recruiters on the staff the past couple of classes. Mastro did step up on the recruiting trail after Arroyo left but he's not exactly been a dynamite recruiter so far. Still think recruiting at the offensive skill positions has been lacking when compared to the defensive side of the ball.
Agreed, it was looking like Bouknight might be a pretty good recruiter but he lost Wilson to ASU. Verdict is still out on him in regards to recruiting, but no doubt he was an upgrade from before!

Haha. Now I know people are just going with their gut feelings. Bough is a crap recruiter, and he lost Wilson by not staying in contact. The other WR commits was thanks to Heyward. Mastro is probably are 3rd most important assistant. Losing him would be a big loss.
Before Bouknight our receivers couldn’t catch a damn ball.

He can coach really well, but he doesn't recruit much. And the demand Mario puts on the coaches seems to be to much for him.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Like I said, verdict is still out on Bouknight. I just personally like having receivers that can catch the ball.
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

Wilson would be a major loss. Our LBs / STUDS were monsters this year and this new class of LBs is off the charts.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

I Think coach Joe would be easier to replace than both of these guys.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Like I said, verdict is still out on Bouknight. I just personally like having receivers that can catch the ball.

He's also actively looking to leave UO, bit so far no bites.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

Heard the players really liked him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

buckmarkduck wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Like I said, verdict is still out on Bouknight. I just personally like having receivers that can catch the ball.

That’s a juicy tidbit. What’s the source on that one?
Thanks for sharing!
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:

That’s a juicy tidbit. What’s the source on that one?
Thanks for sharing!
Yeah that's interesting, guys only been at Oregon for a season.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

CMC demands a ton from his coaches and it isn’t for everyone. Bouknight definitely improved our WR corps but got his ass kicked on the recruiting trail. He’s probably not the relentless recruiter that CMC wants.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Are any of the OC's that Mario interviewing also WR coaches? I'm wondering if Mario wants to bring in a new OC that will also be WR coach, let Bouknight walk, and hire a QB coach.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Are any of the OC's that Mario interviewing also WR coaches? I'm wondering if Mario wants to bring in a new OC that will also be WR coach, let Bouknight walk, and hire a QB coach.

Lil Kim Grenolls (sp) reported that MC spoke with Junior Adams.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Jorge Munoz has experience with wide receivers, no idea of performance.

A southern California native, Munoz installed the offense at UL-Lafayette in 2008 that went on to set program records for total offense (5,390 yards) and touchdowns (54). He served as ULL’s pass game coordinator/quarterbacks coach (2008-10), receivers coach (2011-15, 2017) and offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach (2016) before head coach Mark Hudspeth was fired after the 2017 season.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Why not hire Moorehead as OC/QB and just replace Bou with an actual WR coach
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!