Food for thought...

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

nogerO
Senior

Food for thought...

Post by nogerO »

"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Re: Food for thought...

Post by karlhungis »

What a whiny article. Fish duck has really become his biggest fan lately. He used to have some humility but that seems to dwindle as time goes on.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

I believe he used to attend practice and scrimmages and was a wholesale sunshine pumper. I've wondered if Mario restricted access because much of the writing now has a negative tone.
Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

I was going to write some mean and snarky but I just will say this I hope Mario proves them wrong no matter what offense or coordinator he has.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

The article is simply pointing out things that I/we have been saying for months. It has a more negative tone than is necessary, but in general, I can't disagree with much of it.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

Charles didn’t write this article. He probably has editorial control on what is published on Fishduck but these aren’t his words.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

gogreen55 wrote:The article is simply pointing out things that I/we have been saying for months. It has a more negative tone than is necessary, but in general, I can't disagree with much of it.
Minus that whole part about Justin not wanting to run that limited much of the offense for 2 years now.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

Sorry to say this but that site has lost all credibility. It's become nothing more than a bunch of whiny old men.

Charles used to do a really good job but since he has taken on a lesser role it's just become pathetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

gogreen55 wrote:The article is simply pointing out things that I/we have been saying for months. It has a more negative tone than is necessary, but in general, I can't disagree with much of it.
Agree. We've made the same point as the article on these boards, so I don't understand what is getting people bent out of shape. Mario seems intent on running the Arkansas offense that got Brett Beliema fired. These days you have to spread a defense out and have a quarterback and skill position players that can make big plays. If Cristobal is wise, he'll recognize his strengths are OL coaching and recruiting, and he'll let his coordinators do what they do best.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

StevensTechU wrote:
Agree. We've made the same point as the article on these boards, so I don't understand what is getting people bent out of shape. Mario seems intent on running the Arkansas offense that got Brett Beliema fired. These days you have to spread a defense out and have a quarterback and skill position players that can make big plays. If Cristobal is wise, he'll recognize his strengths are OL coaching and recruiting, and he'll let his coordinators do what they do best.
Some people don’t think criticism of anything about the football team should be allowed without their approval...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

FishDuck and his site are a joke.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Duck07 wrote:
Minus that whole part about Justin not wanting to run that limited much of the offense for 2 years now.
Cristobal made it clear in the most recent press conference that they kept Herbert from running in the regular season to keep him healthy.

Re: the article, there's plenty of valid critiques of our offense but he didn't really make any of them. Starting the article stating that this season might as well have been a 10 loss season because the expectations was to be undefeated is just absurd. I don't know a single reasonable person who thought this team would go undefeated. Herbert and the line were great but the skill positions had real deficiencies, and that was without all the injuries.
quack1994pdx
High School Drop Out

Post by quack1994pdx »

maxduck wrote:I believe he used to attend practice and scrimmages and was a wholesale sunshine pumper. I've wondered if Mario restricted access because much of the writing now has a negative tone.
Access to practice was limited for ALL media as far back as 2012. After Chip Kelly started closing practices, real practice reports dried up. Worse than raisins. The truth is that Fish used a lot of TV video for his analyses and when the Pac-12 came down hard on that, it was difficult to keep up the analysis. He turned to trying to create a viable site with a lot of commentary; the site purposely looked for articles that would generate conversation by taking on a sort of adversarial tone in many of their articles.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

FishDuck and his site are a joke.
What happened to it? I remember it used to be pretty good. It's like CK left, we eventually started losing, and then his site seemed to jump the shark.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

I use to love to watch the break down videos