All Pac-12

Re: Should the Huskies really be our most hated team

Post by StevensTechU »

Yes
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Blazers-1977 wrote:.....like the vast majority of UW fans I have seen don’t hate the Ducks either and mostly their annoying comments are on how they unlike me watch the NFL more which they call “real football”. They rooted for the Ducks in the rose Bowl .
Dude, what in the hell are you talking about? It is like you are living in some alternate universe from the rest of us.
laxattack22
One Star Recruit

Post by laxattack22 »

Blazer 77 - - How long have you been following Oregon sports?
Yea, that’s what I thought.
Rookie.
Last edited by laxattack22 on Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Blazers-1977 wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:Deal with their arrogant fans for a few days, then get back to us.

Doesn’t every team have arrogant fans , like the vast majority of UW fans I have seen don’t hate the Ducks either and mostly their annoying comments are on how they unlike me watch the NFL more which they call “real football”. They rooted for the Ducks in the rose Bowl .

On the other hand USC fans constantly talk about the glory days in the 2000s forgetting that much of that was due to flagrantly violating NCAA rules , act like they are entitled to the players in SoCal , and the team itself has tormented the Ducks far more than the Huskies in the modern era .
What? I live in Seattle, and know lots of UW alums. Not one of them rooted for UO in the rose bowl.
Blazers-1977
Two Star Recruit

Post by Blazers-1977 »

gogreen55 wrote:
Blazers-1977 wrote:.....like the vast majority of UW fans I have seen don’t hate the Ducks either and mostly their annoying comments are on how they unlike me watch the NFL more which they call “real football”. They rooted for the Ducks in the rose Bowl .
Dude, what in the hell are you talking about? It is like you are living in some alternate universe from the rest of us.
It is true though, I was literally in a room full of Husky Fans during the Rose Bowl(since I was in Seattle during the holidays) and they all were rooting for the Ducks during the Rose Bowl lol. Granted they do care a lot more about the NFL than College and really only started watching College Football just a few years ago but they do count as Husky fans since thats the team they root for

the USC fans I have seen are far far worse than the UW fans I have seen, all of them talk non stop about their glory days in the 2000s without mentioning how they got there by basically flagrantly violating NCAA rules, SoCal media acts like they are entitled to players from SoCal and treat the Ducks terribly in every way possible.

Leaving aside fans , the fact is the USC team of the 2000s were far far more detestable than any team UW has had in the 2000s or 2010s as well and even the early 2010s USC team was extremely detestable as well.
Last edited by Blazers-1977 on Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blazers-1977
Two Star Recruit

Post by Blazers-1977 »

laxattack22 wrote:Blazer 77 - - How long have you been following Oregon sports?
Yea, that’s what I thought.
Rookie.
I first started watching Oregon football casually with my dad as an 8-year-old kid during the 2005 season (I still hated USC then) , and really only started following Duck Football during the 2007 season.
JIDuck97
Four Star Recruit

Post by JIDuck97 »

https://fishduck.com/2019/10/oregon-vs- ... n-history/

I didn't even find the peeing on the O incident in this one.

In short or long, far greater rivalry than USC.
laxattack22
One Star Recruit

Post by laxattack22 »

Interesting. This is when I cut my teeth...
1973 - Oregon 58 Washington 0
1974 - Washington 66 Oregon 0
And so it began...
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Blazers-1977 wrote:It is true though, I was literally in a room full of Husky Fans during the Rose Bowl(since I was in Seattle during the holidays) and they all were rooting for the Ducks during the Rose Bowl lol. Granted they do care a lot more about the NFL than College and really only started watching College Football just a few years ago but they do count as Husky fans since thats the team they root for...
Dave "Softy" Mahler is a more accurate representation of the general Husky attitude toward the Ducks, rather than a room full of "casual fans" that started watching college football a few years ago.

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I will always hate the Huskies, they don’t have the worst fan base by a long shot, that honor belongs to LSU (Sorry Bud, you seem cool though) but the rivalry is unmatched and the hatred for life long fans is certainly there. I remember being a kid seeing them obnoxiously walk around Autzen as if they’re so superior, even if Oregon was heavily favored. That all continues through the win streak because they have a natty. I still remember a big group of Husky fans calling Jake Locker the Duck Slayer before the 2010 game in Seattle despite him being 0-3 vs Oregon at that point, and soon 0-4. The arrogance of Husky fans is truly unmatched.
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

Phenom wrote:HUCK THE FUSKIES!

CLAP CLAP, CLAP CLAP CLAP!
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Blazers-1977 wrote:
I first started watching Oregon football casually with my dad as an 8-year-old kid during the 2005 season (I still hated USC then) , and really only started following Duck Football during the 2007 season.
When I first read this thread, I thought it sounded like propaganda from a Husky infiltrator. Then I figured you were just young and didn't remember when the Huskies won 17 out of 20 and how arrogant they were during those years. If you've only been following since 2005, then of course you don't understand the rivalry, and how much The Pick changed everything. You've never lived through years of hoping your team was good enough just not to get blown out by the Huskies and have to listen to 'Bow Down to Washington' over and over from purple-clad jackwagons. It wasn't just Duck fans either. I was at the Beaver game vs, Stanford in '94 the day Kenny Wheaton intercepted that ball. When the score was announced, everyone cheered. Husky loathing was a statewide thing, at least back then.

I'm not here to tell you who to hate, but just understand that the animosity for all things Husky by Duck fans is WELL deserved. I don't in any way devote my life to Husky hate, but I do hope I live long enough to see that all-time head-to-head record swing toward the Ducks, a thing that was inconceivable in my youth. A few decades ago, when the Ducks started getting good, Husky fans used to say 'Win a Rose Bowl, then pop off'. Well, three Rose Bowls later, they have had to find other arguments to make themselves feel better. If Oregon wins a national championship and evens that head-to-head record, what will they have left? Ancient history and apocryphal championships. It's fine to dislike the arrogance of Ohio State or SEC schools, but is there anything more annoying and pathetic than fans full of hubris for stuff that happened over a generation ago, especially with a completely winless season and a 12-game losing streak to the Ducks so fresh in our memories?
RebelDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by RebelDuck »

Not even a question which should be asked!
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Always and forever. HUCK the Fuskies. End of discussion. And yes I have a yellow and green T shirt with a picture of Ted Bundy on it that says Ted Bundy was a huskie! I’ve had it for many years and I wear it on Huskie beat down day every. My kids understand that even though hate is not a high character trait, in the case of uDumb-it is entirely appropriate.
Last edited by nogerO on Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:BLASPHEMY!!! That is my thought about the question. LOL.... All kidding aside, It is not even close who to me is the most hated team. I remember being curb stomped by them way to many times in the 70s. I am old. Too many times where they were disrespectful of Oregon... and Oregon state too. I still remember them dancing on the O at Autzen. I still remember the coaches telling the Seattle times that Oregon and Oregon state did not belong in the same conference as them. I still remember Lambreight telling the cotton bowl officials they should pick Washington over Oregon even though Oregon beat them at home that year. Way to many instance for this old duck fan to not forget.
+1,000,000
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine