How is Moorhead as a recruiter?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

jimmy12
Senior

How is Moorhead as a recruiter?

Post by jimmy12 »

I know that Saquan story, but how is his track record in identifying and attracting top talent?

Does anyone know?
jimmy12
Senior

Re: How is Moorhead as a recruiter?

Post by jimmy12 »

Hadn't seen that! Thank you.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Apparently his approach worked.

He signed back-to-back top 25 recruiting classes at MSU, including the first 5-star offensive lineman prospect in program history, and the 12 4-star-or-greater signees were the most in a two-year span at MSU since at least 2000.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

It sounds like that Moorhead would be what Cristobal is looking for. Someone that works hard at recruiting and has a personal touch to the recruits. I don't know anything about him, but I do trust Cristobal. He got a home run hire with Arroyo. I hope he does with Moorhead. Once he gets home run hires the next step is to keep them. Arroyo will have people reaching out to him. Cristobal will no doubt have to work really hard to keep him.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:It sounds like that Moorhead would be what Cristobal is looking for. Someone that works hard at recruiting and has a personal touch to the recruits. I don't know anything about him, but I do trust Cristobal. He got a home run hire with Arroyo. I hope he does with Moorhead. Once he gets home run hires the next step is to keep them. Arroyo will have people reaching out to him. Cristobal will no doubt have to work really hard to keep him.

The home run was Avalos Arroyo went to UNLV.. but yeah you are right
we need to keep them
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Nobody keeps great coordinators from better career opportunities/promotions.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Phenom wrote:Nobody keeps great coordinators from better career opportunities/promotions.
X2
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

The more I read about Moorhead, the more I feel like MSU fired him way too prematurely.
HomeSickDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by HomeSickDuck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:The more I read about Moorhead, the more I feel like MSU fired him way too prematurely.
I read that part of it was also the culture inside the team, not all necessarily about wins and losses.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

HomeSickDuck wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:The more I read about Moorhead, the more I feel like MSU fired him way too prematurely.
I read that part of it was also the culture inside the team, not all necessarily about wins and losses.
Yeah, he was too much of a "yankee" for Starskville, Mississippi.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

A recent column by the Starkville Daily News confirms the "yankee" theory.

Quick with a handshake and pat on the back, he gave off a welcoming vibe despite his northern mannerisms that seemed to put off a certain segment of diehard fans from the beginning.

Well worth reading IMO. Good football coach, maybe a better person.

https://www.starkvilledailynews.com/opi ... a19ac.html
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

maxduck wrote:A recent column by the Starkville Daily News confirms the "yankee" theory.

Quick with a handshake and pat on the back, he gave off a welcoming vibe despite his northern mannerisms that seemed to put off a certain segment of diehard fans from the beginning.

Well worth reading IMO. Good football coach, maybe a better person.

https://www.starkvilledailynews.com/opi ... a19ac.html
Wow. Good read. He sounds like a Mario kind of guy.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

Great story. I hope that he can recruit well and be an upgrade from Arroyo. I am liking what I have been reading about him. It seems like he is a very likable guy with high character and those are 2 traits that are very favorable. Two traits I would hope make an impact with these 17 and 18 yr old kids deciding where to go to school and then on and off the playing field while at Oregon. He seems very humble and I admire what he did for the foster kids and not wanting any recognition for it. This is a guy that sounds like was being ran out of Starksville and still chose to make a positive impact on those foster kids and not wanting the attention for doing it. If he can recruit and call plays as good as his character and he is the OC then I think we have a wonderful choice in OC.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

What in the hell are "yankee mannerisms? "
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!