Most hated team

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Who do you really want to beat the hell out of?

Oregon State
1%
Washington
85%
U$C
5%
Coogs
No votes
Stanford
4%
Boise St
4%
Auburn
2%

Total votes: 85
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Most hated team

Post by UOducksTK1 »

lol not even close.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Phalanx wrote:
nogerO wrote:
Blazers-1977 wrote:1. Auburn
2. Alabama
3. Ohio St
4. USC

No one else comes even close
Lol. You're trying too hard. Give it up. It's not even an argument junior.
Dude is entitled to his opinion. If all you've ever seen is victories over the Huskies, you might start looking around and seeing if there is a better team to hate too. Boise State hasn't been mentioned yet. I'd put them in the same category as Auburn - teams that are due for a beating.
Really? Why is Boise State so high for you? I see them as a team you are suppose to beat easily and a sign something is wrong with your program (I'm looking at you FSU) if you can't. Kind of like North Dakota State. :mrgreen:
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

I voted as a LSU fan. I really want to play and beat the crap out of USC.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Bud Lee wrote: Really? Why is Boise State so high for you? I see them as a team you are suppose to beat easily and a sign something is wrong with your program (I'm looking at you FSU) if you can't. Kind of like North Dakota State. :mrgreen:
Well, you are right that the Ducks should beat them easily. It just happens that they have caught us at really bad times and won the last three. Last time was right after Taggart cut out in a bowl game nobody cared about, the time before was when our starting QB was injured, and the first one was Chip Kelly's first game as head coach.

Anyway, I'm not saying they are my most hated team. I was just saying they could be on the list with Auburn as teams Oregon needs to beat to exorcise some demons (and shut some fans up). Maybe like you might feel about Mississippi State.

I'd add Ohio State to that list as well, and David Shaw and his smug face is always an honorary member.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Phalanx wrote:
Bud Lee wrote: Really? Why is Boise State so high for you? I see them as a team you are suppose to beat easily and a sign something is wrong with your program (I'm looking at you FSU) if you can't. Kind of like North Dakota State. :mrgreen:
Well, you are right that the Ducks should beat them easily. It just happens that they have caught us at really bad times and won the last three. Last time was right after Taggart cut out in a bowl game nobody cared about, the time before was when our starting QB was injured, and the first one was Chip Kelly's first game as head coach.

Anyway, I'm not saying they are my most hated team. I was just saying they could be on the list with Auburn as teams Oregon needs to beat to exorcise some demons (and shut some fans up). Maybe like you might feel about Mississippi State.

I'd add Ohio State to that list as well, and David Shaw and his smug face is always an honorary member.
On top of that, after Oregon lost to BSU two years in a row in 08 and 09 (courtesy of a weak and green OLine and 4 injured QB's and multiple BSU cheap shots), it seemed like every home game for Oregon, no matter who they were playing, there were multiple people walking around in BSU shirts pumping their shirts and talking trash. They are such an annoying fanbase.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Oh wow....yeah if I was you I would REALLY want to beat t hem too!

Mississippi State is probably a good equivalent. We went 14 years straight kicking their assess and then when Dak came in and beat us at home they were my number one the next year. Then I forgot about them and they made us look dumb in '17 and it made me want to roll their assess again :lol:
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

A quick reminder why Boise State is on the list. The Duck QB ended up with a concussion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKQwuLjT09Q
Blazers-1977
Two Star Recruit

Post by Blazers-1977 »

I think it seems like every fan base wants to beat up Alabama , Ohio St , and USC . Makes sense given how arrogant their teams are , their fan bases are and the media coverage about them .
Blazers-1977
Two Star Recruit

Post by Blazers-1977 »

I hating the Husky fanbase more than any other fanbase but not the team. The fact is even before 1994 the Huskies never really ruined any of our hopes as the reason we lost most of those games were cause we were really bad . The Huskies history isnt also that much better than ours either if you really look at if we still used the old system we would have been Co Champs in 2010 just like UW was in 1991 so really we are even there too. They have more conference titles then us , but its not much more either(and our run from 2010-2014 surpasses any 5 year run in Husky history by far).

On the other hand Stanford ruined our title hopes in 2001 and 2012, USC in the 2000s held our team's progress back 6-7 years and tormented us then too along with the fact they were super arrogant and media coverage was nauseating, Auburn literally ruined our title hopes thanks to assistance from the refs and still only won on a last-second field goal and Ohio St ruined our hopes in the 2014 season. Alabama also gets preferential treatment and the 2012 season is the biggest reason.

To me losing to a team 17/20 years in mostly low implication games to one team is not as terrible as losing once to a team that ruined your national championship hopes. If you gave me the choice between losing to the Huskies but winning a national championship, I would easily just easily take the national championship because there is nothing more important in college sports than winning the National Championship (after that comes winning NY6 Bowl Games/Making Elite 8).

Now again Husky Fans may be the worst but I think its different to hate a team's fanbase and hate the team itself.

This might be a late Millennial/Gen Z take on College Football and I will acknowledge that too
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Blazers-1977 wrote:I hating the Husky fanbase more than any other fanbase but not the team. The fact is even before 1994 the Huskies never really ruined any of our hopes as the reason we lost most of those games were cause we were really bad . The Huskies history isnt also that much better than ours either if you really look at if we still used the old system we would have been Co Champs in 2010 just like UW was in 1991 so really we are even there too. They have more conference titles then us , but its not much more either(and our run from 2010-2014 surpasses any 5 year run in Husky history by far).

On the other hand Stanford ruined our title hopes in 2001 and 2012, USC in the 2000s held our team's progress back 6-7 years and tormented us then too along with the fact they were super arrogant and media coverage was nauseating, Auburn literally ruined our title hopes thanks to assistance from the refs and still only won on a last-second field goal and Ohio St ruined our hopes in the 2014 season. Alabama also gets preferential treatment and the 2012 season is the biggest reason.

To me losing to a team 17/20 years in mostly low implication games to one team is not as terrible as losing once to a team that ruined your national championship hopes. If you gave me the choice between losing to the Huskies but winning a national championship, I would easily just easily take the national championship because there is nothing more important in college sports than winning the National Championship (after that comes winning NY6 Bowl Games/Making Elite 8).

Now again Husky Fans may be the worst but I think its different to hate a team's fanbase and hate the team itself.

This might be a late Millennial/Gen Z take on College Football and I will acknowledge that too
I hate the program.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

i went to my first game at Autzen in 1967. Went through the 70's and 80's
when we on a regular basis lost to the huskies. The Don James era was not much
fun. The folks up north were so smug it was and is easy to hate them in every sport.
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

Is it about teams we would like to beat or hate? I really don't hate most of the schools mentioned, but want to beat all of them; especially the big ones; tOSU, Alabama, etc. Only ones I truly dislike are FSU & UW because of fans.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

I chose Stanford not just because of the first 2 years with Mariota and Cristobal's first year. The 2001 team would have played Miami had Oregon beaten Stanford in that game. If you are talking about out of conference then I have to go with Ohio State because of how they beat Oregon the last two times.
desertfan
Three Star Recruit

Post by desertfan »

I'm not surprised to see uw run away with this poll, I am however a bit surprised to see the beavs so low on the list. I know Duck fans love the little brother shtick but I'm guessing osu would easily be number 2 on this poll 10-15 years ago when the civil war actually had some clout.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

desertfan wrote:I'm not surprised to see uw run away with this poll, I am however a bit surprised to see the beavs so low on the list. I know Duck fans love the little brother shtick but I'm guessing osu would easily be number 2 on this poll 10-15 years ago when the civil war actually had some clout.
In my experience, Beaver fans hate the Ducks way more than Duck fans hate the Beavers.